3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #21  
Oh, and check the spring and spacer (020 and 030) as well. Won't take a minute to just remove that end of the lever to check those parts for damage. Something's wrong if that lever doesn't stay up. Putting the stop up there is gonna get an attachment forgotten and left to drift down on top of something else. Always lower your attachments when you're done for the day.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #22  
Here it is, all cold and crusty.
Must be a simple solution.
View attachment 681238

I see two issues. One is the friction adjustment as others have mentioned.

The second is having to screw the stop so tight to hold. Possibly a fix to this would be a wave spring washer under the knob. That way you would not have to tighten as hard to hold.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #23  
I see two issues. One is the friction adjustment as others have mentioned.

The second is having to screw the stop so tight to hold. Possibly a fix to this would be a wave spring washer under the knob. That way you would not have to tighten as hard to hold.

The wave spring option sounds good. Thanks for posting!

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #24  
The only time I need to set that is with my sickle bar mower. If I let it set down to low it will bend the top link or the pto shaft. I deal with it like it is but don't like it with my fat stubby fingers. I considered replacing the knob with a longish threaded spacer with a piece of 1/4 rod thru the top like a T wrench or tap holder. But haven't done it yet.

gg

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #25  
Maybe post a picture of what it looks like for folks like me that does not have a Kubota. We might be able to give some ideas if we see what is going on.

5E5A77FA-3A19-491A-9D68-506922F4B865.jpeg

Edit: The plastic knob is small and difficult to turn or tighten with fat fingers or while wearing gloves. Also mine will jump out of its track if loosened too much which means getting off the tractor to reset under the fender. Member Jeff?? redesigned his and replaced the knob with a Allen head but I can not find the thread. The principal of the design has been around for 50+ years but Kubota just did a poor job using it on the Grand L.

Last edited:
   / 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #26  
I replaced the one on my L6060 with a cam lever. I got it from McMaster Carr. I think it was 5mm, but can’t rember for sure.

McMaster-Carr

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob
I replaced the one on my L6060 with a cam lever. I got it from McMaster Carr. I think it was 5mm, but can稚 rember for sure.

McMaster-Carr

PA, we have a winner!
While I agree the lever should not slide down by grabity and an adjustment is overdue. Got out the manual, found the section, but gave up until it warms up.
This cam lever is a really good idea. With a live link to boot!
Thank you all so much.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #29  
Yes, a cam lever is the way to go. I got mine from a bike shop, they're used on the seat posts. It was $6.

/ 3 Point Hitch Control Locking Knob #30  
Use a cam lever with M6 threads X 20mm screw length. I ordered mine from Amazon. Works perfect. I use the stop a lot when bush hogging and planting.

Attachments

• IMG_3416.JPG
    IMG_3416.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 85
  • IMG_3417.JPG
    IMG_3417.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 82