3 Point Lift problem...still

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still
Hello-
Do not mean to profess ignorance and then tell you all about it, but it seems difficult to believe that the valve would go out of adjustment or that the adjustment would cause a difference between hot and cold performance. I am assuming it is the two screws and nuts inside that are locked with the folding edge washers that always say to me "do not mess with this".
What does anyone think about a poorly performing hydrauklic pump?

Hello-
Do not mean to profess ignorance and then tell you all about it, but it seems difficult to believe that the valve would go out of adjustment or that the adjustment would cause a difference between hot and cold performance. I am assuming it is the two screws and nuts inside that are locked with the folding edge washers that always say to me "do not mess with this".
What does anyone think about a poorly performing hydrauklic pump?

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do not mean to profess ignorance and then tell you all about it, but it seems difficult to believe that the valve would go out of adjustment or that the adjustment would cause a difference between hot and cold performance )</font>

You have any idea how a relief valve works? It's spring pressure against a valve/seat, ... when oil pressure overcomes spring tension the relief cracks... Hot hyd oil is way thinner than cold hyd oil.. you can get sem real different results with either, according to the wear of all o fthe components in the system. and how bad certain parts leak... etc.

Not saying that is the problem. at hand..... just adressing the fact that hot or cold oil DOES/can effect hyd system performance.

Soundguy

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #14  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Do not mean to profess ignorance and then tell you all about it, but it seems difficult to believe that the valve would go out of adjustment or that the adjustment would cause a difference between hot and cold performance )</font>

You have any idea how a relief valve works? It's spring pressure against a valve/seat, ... when oil pressure overcomes spring tension the relief cracks... Hot hyd oil is way thinner than cold hyd oil.. you can get sem real different results with either, according to the wear of all o fthe components in the system. and how bad certain parts leak... etc.

Not saying that is the problem. at hand..... just adressing the fact that hot or cold oil DOES/can effect hyd system performance.

Soundguy

Thanks for the info. I am a complete novice tractor mechanic trying to figure this thing out. Am probably going to try a hydraulic pump next. May not help, but working on the tail end has not yielded much results.
John Churchill

Thanks for the info. I am a complete novice tractor mechanic trying to figure this thing out. Am probably going to try a hydraulic pump next. May not help, but working on the tail end has not yielded much results.
John Churchill

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #17  
If the FEL is working properly I can assure you that your time(and money) will be wasted with a pump.

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #18  
If the FEL is working properly I can assure you that your time(and money) will be wasted with a pump.

Could a bad valve on the FEL cause this? The high pressure line runs to it before going to the 3 point. How would I check? Is there some way to bypass the FEL?

Could a bad valve on the FEL cause this? The high pressure line runs to it before going to the 3 point. How would I check? Is there some way to bypass the FEL?