3 Point Lift problem...still

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still
Thanks for the suggestions, but I have fooled with those little knobs a lot, in, out, halfway, various combos, given 'em a few raps to loosen up any stuck whatevers... no luck.
John

Thanks for the suggestions, but I have fooled with those little knobs a lot, in, out, halfway, various combos, given 'em a few raps to loosen up any stuck whatevers... no luck.
John

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #33  
It's been my experience when anything works with cold oil and performance drops with warm oil, I highly suspect the pump.
However I would do a pressure test on the system if possible, or if not possible get yourself a bucket of dirt (or whatever) in the FEL , zero a stopwatch then with the tractor at idle, start the clock at the instant you fully pull the lever to raise the bucket, stop when the bucket is fully raised compare times with cold and warm oil and see if there's quite a difference.
Relief valves generally work or they dont, I've never saw one that was affected by the temperature of the oil, but they can get a piece of trash or something in the works that wont allow them to function properly or they could lose the o-rings on them, but both these scenarios cause low psi across the board.

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #34  
It's been my experience when anything works with cold oil and performance drops with warm oil, I highly suspect the pump.
However I would do a pressure test on the system if possible, or if not possible get yourself a bucket of dirt (or whatever) in the FEL , zero a stopwatch then with the tractor at idle, start the clock at the instant you fully pull the lever to raise the bucket, stop when the bucket is fully raised compare times with cold and warm oil and see if there's quite a difference.
Relief valves generally work or they dont, I've never saw one that was affected by the temperature of the oil, but they can get a piece of trash or something in the works that wont allow them to function properly or they could lose the o-rings on them, but both these scenarios cause low psi across the board.

How do I do a pressure test? Anyone know what the accepted standards are on this unit?

How do I do a pressure test? Anyone know what the accepted standards are on this unit?

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #37  
"
It also affects the speed at which the impliments raises and lowers!!"

That may be true, but you stand a good chance of shearing the drive key in the hydraulic pump using it that way. It should be either fully open to operate, or fully closed to lock the 3ph in the up pos. for servicing.

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #38  
"
It also affects the speed at which the impliments raises and lowers!!"

That may be true, but you stand a good chance of shearing the drive key in the hydraulic pump using it that way. It should be either fully open to operate, or fully closed to lock the 3ph in the up pos. for servicing.

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #39  
There probably is a pressure test port on the tractor somewhere but I'm not familiar enough with a Yanmar to tell you where it is.
Basically your going to be installing a gauge in the pressure line from the pump, or a port where pump pressure is.
The things I work on (heavy equipment) pump psi runs from 2200-2500 not knowing for sure I'd be afraid to say about a Yannie, but I'd bet it would be in that neighborhood.

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #40  
There probably is a pressure test port on the tractor somewhere but I'm not familiar enough with a Yanmar to tell you where it is.
Basically your going to be installing a gauge in the pressure line from the pump, or a port where pump pressure is.
The things I work on (heavy equipment) pump psi runs from 2200-2500 not knowing for sure I'd be afraid to say about a Yannie, but I'd bet it would be in that neighborhood.