3 Point Lift problem...still

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am a complete novice tractor mechanic trying to figure this thing out. Am probably going to try a hydraulic pump next. May not help, but working on the tail end has not yielded much results.
)</font>

Good idea..(not) .. hey.. you don't work for IBM do you? Standard diagnostic procedure.. start at one end of the machine and begin replacing all components of the machine till it runs.

As others have indicated.. if you have good hyds elsewhere ont he tractor.. shotgun parts replacement won't get you anywhere.. ( but sure does help the parts dealers here! ).

Lets do a bit more diagnostic work and get the correct part pinned down for you, then you can replace only the parts you need to...

Soundguy

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #22  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I am a complete novice tractor mechanic trying to figure this thing out. Am probably going to try a hydraulic pump next. May not help, but working on the tail end has not yielded much results.
)</font>

Good idea..(not) .. hey.. you don't work for IBM do you? Standard diagnostic procedure.. start at one end of the machine and begin replacing all components of the machine till it runs.

As others have indicated.. if you have good hyds elsewhere ont he tractor.. shotgun parts replacement won't get you anywhere.. ( but sure does help the parts dealers here! ).

Lets do a bit more diagnostic work and get the correct part pinned down for you, then you can replace only the parts you need to...

Soundguy

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #23  
If logic fails, look for something "stupid". Many years back a Joy Manufacturing mechanic was telling me he got called to a machine with an intermittant hydraulic problem that mystified the clients mechanics and mechanical engineer. He eventually "cracked" the problem, turned out to be a glass milk bottle that rolled around inside the main hydraulic oil tank. It got caught up against the suction lines! How the bottle got in there, was anybodies guess, but must have been placed in during manufacture.

Have you tried opening the Implement Drop Speed Valve and reclosing it??? Thats that round knob just below the seat and between your legs when in the seat. It adjusts the implement drop and rise speed.
Just a thought!

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #24  
If logic fails, look for something "stupid". Many years back a Joy Manufacturing mechanic was telling me he got called to a machine with an intermittant hydraulic problem that mystified the clients mechanics and mechanical engineer. He eventually "cracked" the problem, turned out to be a glass milk bottle that rolled around inside the main hydraulic oil tank. It got caught up against the suction lines! How the bottle got in there, was anybodies guess, but must have been placed in during manufacture.

Have you tried opening the Implement Drop Speed Valve and reclosing it??? Thats that round knob just below the seat and between your legs when in the seat. It adjusts the implement drop and rise speed.
Just a thought!

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have you tried opening the Implement Drop Speed Valve and reclosing it??? Thats that round knob just below the seat and between your legs when in the seat. It adjusts the implement drop and rise speed.
Just a thought! )</font>

Good idea, I'm new to this too, but the round knob is the implement lock(keeps the 3pt up.. If you turn it in, it will actually block the lift from going down(on my 2000 anyhow).. The little lever on the L/H side of the 3pt(if I remember correctly) that looks like a rod with a roll pin sticking out is the speed lever.. This could very well cause the problem, I agree with checking how it effects the lift performance.. That could have easily been moved and change only the 3pt operation..

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #26  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Have you tried opening the Implement Drop Speed Valve and reclosing it??? Thats that round knob just below the seat and between your legs when in the seat. It adjusts the implement drop and rise speed.
Just a thought! )</font>

Good idea, I'm new to this too, but the round knob is the implement lock(keeps the 3pt up.. If you turn it in, it will actually block the lift from going down(on my 2000 anyhow).. The little lever on the L/H side of the 3pt(if I remember correctly) that looks like a rod with a roll pin sticking out is the speed lever.. This could very well cause the problem, I agree with checking how it effects the lift performance.. That could have easily been moved and change only the 3pt operation..

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Could a bad valve on the FEL cause this? The high pressure line runs to it before going to the 3 point. How would I check? Is there some way to bypass the FEL? )</font>

That's a possibility, you can always bypass the FEL with a little plumbing work.

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #28  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Could a bad valve on the FEL cause this? The high pressure line runs to it before going to the 3 point. How would I check? Is there some way to bypass the FEL? )</font>

That's a possibility, you can always bypass the FEL with a little plumbing work.

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #29  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Have you tried opening the Implement Drop Speed Valve and reclosing it??? Thats that round knob just below the seat and between your legs when in the seat. It adjusts the implement drop and rise speed.
Just a thought! )</font>

Good idea, I'm new to this too, but the round knob is the implement lock(keeps the 3pt up.. If you turn it in, it will actually block the lift from going down(on my 2000 anyhow).. The little lever on the L/H side of the 3pt(if I remember correctly) that looks like a rod with a roll pin sticking out is the speed lever.. This could very well cause the problem, I agree with checking how it effects the lift performance.. That could have easily been moved and change only the 3pt operation.. )</font>

It also affects the speed at which the impliments raises and lowers!!

Open it as wide as it will go, ie total anti-clockwise, then close it, with the engine running, might be something within the valve causing the problem. Set it to lower the impliment at a steady rate afterwards though!

Nothing to lose!

/ 3 Point Lift problem...still #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( </font><font color="blueclass=small">( Have you tried opening the Implement Drop Speed Valve and reclosing it??? Thats that round knob just below the seat and between your legs when in the seat. It adjusts the implement drop and rise speed.
Just a thought! )</font>

Good idea, I'm new to this too, but the round knob is the implement lock(keeps the 3pt up.. If you turn it in, it will actually block the lift from going down(on my 2000 anyhow).. The little lever on the L/H side of the 3pt(if I remember correctly) that looks like a rod with a roll pin sticking out is the speed lever.. This could very well cause the problem, I agree with checking how it effects the lift performance.. That could have easily been moved and change only the 3pt operation.. )</font>

It also affects the speed at which the impliments raises and lowers!!

Open it as wide as it will go, ie total anti-clockwise, then close it, with the engine running, might be something within the valve causing the problem. Set it to lower the impliment at a steady rate afterwards though!

Nothing to lose!