3535 vs 3616 Which one?

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #11  
No I really dont want the 4035. Its 6'2" wide, that's too wide for easily getting on my trailer 6'5" trailer. Plus the tractor I have right now is 5'5" wide and is sometimes hard to get through parts of my woods. Also, even though it might be only $1500 more, I was only wanting to spend what the 3616 costs. But made an exception for the 3535 because of the added weight and beefier FEL. I would love to have the 4035 but it is too wide for my needs right now, I would eventually knock a fender off on a tree. plus the only reason i started looking at the 3535 over the 3616 is the added weight and stronger fel. The extra 5hp i would get from it, i dont think will be needed all that much. My current tractor is a 28hp or 30 hp and does pretty good with my 5' bush hog, so the extra 5hp I would be getting with 3535 would be even better than what i am used to.

So I my case the 4035 is too much tractor for me, if it was narrower I would think about it.

Also the fel's on the 4035 and 3535 are the same, so all I waould be getting is 200 extra lbs, a slightly bigger monthly note, and a tractor I would have to be constantly sqeezing between trees in the woods. The plus would be an extra 5hp.

Sounds like the 3535 is the right machine for you then. This is what happens when we don't know the full story and requirements. Sorry to have taken you down the wrong path. :eek: Oh, I happen to own 2 Mahindras, a 7520 4x4 (Mahindra built) and a 3215HST (Mitsubishi built) and while both are fine machines, I would take the quality of the Mahindra built tractor over the Mitsubishi built tractor any and every day. ;)

Just my :2cents:

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one?
Sounds like the 3535 is the right machine for you then. This is what happens when we don't know the full story and requirements. Sorry to have taken you down the wrong path. :eek: Oh, I happen to own 2 Mahindras, a 7520 4x4 (Mahindra built) and a 3215HST (Mitsubishi built) and while both are fine machines, I would take the quality of the Mahindra built tractor over the Mitsubishi built tractor any and every day. ;)

Just my :2cents:

Sorry about not telling you about the woods.
That's what I have been wanting to hear, someone's opinion on the two. The dealer up the street from me doesn't have the 3535. The dealer 30 miles away has all three, i am going to try and go down there this week and play around with all three and just see. I am not going to completely disreguard something until I have atleast tested it out. Like I was saying though, I would love to have the 4035, because here in the next couple years we will have bought some more land and it will hopefully not be so hilly in the woods. I have had a couple of cheek tighting moments on my tractor right now with it losing traction going up a hill and sliding close to a tree.

Also on a somewhat unrelated note, the quote I got for the 3535 w/fel was 18900 and the 3616 w/ fel was 17400, is that an acceptable price? I am still going to try to negoiate alittle. Already told her that I have gotten quotes from 4 other dealers (didn't tell she was the lowest), plus I have been looking at tractors for awhile. It is finanically sound to buy one now, so I am ready. No more wheelie popping, jump starting, 2wd tractor to have to mess with, it took all the fun out of going and doing work. get the new one and I can retire the old one to get rebuilt and prettied up.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #14  
I have no idea if you have your tires on your current tractor filled or not, but for sure fill the ones on whatever new tractor that you get. Day and night difference with how the tractor handles and it's capabilities. I have all 4 tires on both of my Mahindras filled, the extra weight and being down low makes a HUGE difference in how the tractor handles, rides, and how much work it will do.

Sorry, but I can't really give you any info as far as the pricing.

I have no idea if you have your tires on your current tractor filled or not, but for sure fill the ones on whatever new tractor that you get. Day and night difference with how the tractor handles and it's capabilities. I have all 4 tires on both of my Mahindras filled, the extra weight and being down low makes a HUGE difference in how the tractor handles, rides, and how much work it will do.

Sorry, but I can't really give you any info as far as the pricing.

The rears are filled, but fronts are not. The fronts would only add around maybe 80 lbs, small tires. When picking up round bales with it, it would take more than that to counter ballast. But it is worth a try.

Went this weekend and played around on each tractor in the dirt for about an hour on each tractor. Although both tractors are the same size the 35 feels so much more roomy'er. The 36 engine sounds so much queiter, but that doesn't matter. But it lead me to the question of what engine is in the 35? The dealer said it was a Daedong, i have hard they are in various other tractors. My only issue is, are they great motors? When I buy something, i take care of it and in return I expect it to last a long time with no major repairs. My japan made ford tractor has over 2000 hours on it, tacoma as 207 k miles on it, wifes old jeep had 310 k on it and the kid we sold it to is still driving it.

Anyways, I want the 35. You could definitly feel it weighed 2000 lbs more than the 36, in a good way. And with them sitting side by side you could see where it came from. Everything on the 35 is bigger, axles mostly.

Love some info and feedback on these Daedong engines....

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #17  
The dealer is mistaken, the 3535 has a Mahindra engine in it. The Mahindra 10 series tractors have have Daedong engines, but the 35 series run the Mahindra made diesel.
Both have proven to me, in 10 years as a Mahindra dealer, to be good engines.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #18  
All 3 (Daedong, Mahindra, Mitsubishi) are quality engines! Have no fears about the quality of the powerplant.

Thank both of you.

Well the 3535 is coming on saturday.