3535 vs 3616 Which one?

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #31  
remember the rules,Derekman...pics...pics...pics....We cant believe if we don't see

Sounds like a great choice !!

From CT-
77 degrees today-WOW

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one?
remember the rules,Derekman...pics...pics...pics....We cant believe if we don't see

Sounds like a great choice !!

From CT-
77 degrees today-WOW

I worked 109 hours last week and 84 hours before that. Only got to play on the tractor for 3 days after work before being gone all day. I will have pics up as soon when i get home when the sun is still up.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #33  
I was in the same boat as you 7 months ago. I ended up with the 3535 and LOVE it! How about you, did you pull the trigger? Everyone told me to move up to the 4035 and I tried to explain to them that the 3535 was a bump up from the 3616 I was looking at. If I started looking at the 4035, which I liked, were
they going to tell me to look at the 5035? Where does it stop? Bottom line, the 3535 is great and I have used it a good amount in the last 7 months with 70+ hrs. I have 50 acres of wooded land on a hill (nothing flat) with logging roads throughout. This tractor is moves around like it was built for it!:)

I was in the same boat as you 7 months ago. I ended up with the 3535 and LOVE it! How about you, did you pull the trigger? Everyone told me to move up to the 4035 and I tried to explain to them that the 3535 was a bump up from the 3616 I was looking at. If I started looking at the 4035, which I liked, were
they going to tell me to look at the 5035? Where does it stop? Bottom line, the 3535 is great and I have used it a good amount in the last 7 months with 70+ hrs. I have 50 acres of wooded land on a hill (nothing flat) with logging roads throughout. This tractor is moves around like it was built for it!:)

Yep, I ended up buying it back in March. I had the same issues you did with deciding what to buy. My 3535 was great up until around about 80 hrs. Now it has around 130hrs and has been back to the dealer 4 times now. 3 times for the same hydraulic leak, which is now fixed, defective cylinder. And it is about to go back to dealer for the second time for being stuck in gear. I love the tractor and I am hoping these issues will be resolved, otherwise they will take it back under the lemon law.

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #35  
I'm seriously looking into the 4035 w/FEL, and am torn between a hydro or shuttle tranny! What did you guys get on the 3535's, and how do you like it?

On another note, my father is also looking into getting a mahindra. He is a bit old school, and says having a 4wd is not necessary! I've tried to tell him that having 4wd is a must for doing any FEL work with a compact tractor, but he won't hear any of it! Any suggestions on this? Am I right in thinking this way?

/ 3535 vs 3616 Which one? #36  
I'm seriously looking into the 4035 w/FEL, and am torn between a hydro or shuttle tranny! What did you guys get on the 3535's, and how do you like it?

On another note, my father is also looking into getting a mahindra. He is a bit old school, and says having a 4wd is not necessary! I've tried to tell him that having 4wd is a must for doing any FEL work with a compact tractor, but he won't hear any of it! Any suggestions on this? Am I right in thinking this way?

YOU DO NOT WANT A 2 WD TRACTOR WITH A FRONT END LOADER ON IT. While your dad is right, 4x4 is not necessary, it sure is nicer to have. You end up with between 40-50% more traction with the 4x4 and that ends up being waaaaaaaay more efficient for just about everything but just driving down the road. There is a reason that just about everyone has gone to 4x4, and that reason IS NOT because it is a fad and will go away in a few years.

Try to have your dad test drive (operate) a tractor at the dealer. Hopefully there is a dirt pile that you can try the loader at. Have him load the bucket in 2WD and then in 4x4. Then ask him if he still wants a 2WD tractor. That's only one task where 4x4 has the advantage, there are many many more.

Good luck ;)

I started looking at the 4035 once I I decided not get the 3616. I ended going with the 3535 and if has been a tank for its size. A lot has to do with how heavy it is, with the tracror , rear filled tires, and fel I weigh right at 6000 lbs. I like the 35 more over the 40 because it was smaller and more maneuverable. As far as our father, I don't think it is a good idea to have a 2wd tractor with a fel. With my tractor I can get a full scoop in 2wd but after that I have to have 4wd to move effiently with that bucket full. Plus 4wd is just safer, my land has some hills and there has several times my 2wd tractor has slid uncontrollably down a hill. 4wd I hit the brakes and I have all 4 tires braking.