366 Frame Mounted blade

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #11  
Nuru, doing the mod I have will rule out the use of a MMM. Is the 366 front blade an old style frame mounted blade that uses similar brackets to my set up or is it a new style blade that uses or is compatible with the new front 3pt hitch. If it is an old style blade that you are adapting to your tractor with the same mod as mine then a MMM will not be compatible. Hope I don't have you confussed. What I am saying is the new style 3pt front hitch blade would be compatible with the MMM or the RFM. If you choose to do the cab/loader mount bracket mod, then you HAVE to use a RFM. Again easier to go with the new style front blade and pick whatever mower will work best for you. MMM or RFM. If there are issues with a MMM that can't be worked out with the style of tires you want, then doing the cab/loader mod might be worth the trouble.

Sincerely, Dirt

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade
dirtworksequip said:
Nuru, doing the mod I have will rule out the use of a MMM. Is the 366 front blade an old style frame mounted blade that uses similar brackets to my set up or is it a new style blade that uses or is compatible with the new front 3pt hitch. If it is an old style blade that you are adapting to your tractor with the same mod as mine then a MMM will not be compatible. Hope I don't have you confussed. What I am saying is the new style 3pt front hitch blade would be compatible with the MMM or the RFM. If you choose to do the cab/loader mount bracket mod, then you HAVE to use a RFM. Again easier to go with the new style front blade and pick whatever mower will work best for you. MMM or RFM. If there are issues with a MMM that can't be worked out with the style of tires you want, then doing the cab/loader mod might be worth the trouble.

Sincerely, Dirt
Thanks Dirt, hmm, that is interesting as i will check up on that. As I think there is some issue even with the new system. But it may be simply that you cannot have the mower on the unit when you have the blade on the unit and i won't have to change the brackets.

Hey KennyD, do you know?

Well I went down (well up to), to the local dealer and discussed with serfvice about the Frame mounted front 3PT hitch blade, and it is compatible with the MMM. So all I would have to do is remove the blade and the hitch to put on the loader or run with just the MMM. So I guess I am gonna go with MMM and Loader, and get the front hitch mounted blade.

Seems the 366 blade is only 66" wide, so i think I might make or buy some extensions to get the blade covering at least 72"

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #14  
Nuru, not sure but there is a possiblity that the blade extensions Deere made for a model 74 may fit or be adapted to the 366 you are buying. I'll email you a pic if I have it saved somewhere on my PC.

Edit: Sorry, Nuru...................I can't seem to find the pics of the Deere blade with the extensions.
Sincerely, Dirt

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #15  
Glad you got an answer because I know nothing about the new front 3PH stlye hitch or blades. But I do there are extensions available (both sides and top) like DW said.

dirtworksequip said:
Nuru, not sure but there is a possiblity that the blade extensions Deere made for a model 74 may fit or be adapted to the 366 you are buying. I'll email you a pic if I have it saved somewhere on my PC.

Edit: Sorry, Nuru...................I can't seem to find the pics of the Deere blade with the extensions.
Sincerely, Dirt

thanks Dirt!

kennyd said:
Glad you got an answer because I know nothing about the new front 3PH stlye hitch or blades. But I do there are extensions available (both sides and top) like DW said.

Thanks and no problem Kenny.

Well I went down (well up to), to the local dealer and discussed with service about the Frame mounted front 3PT hitch blade, and it is compatible with the MMM. So all I would have to do is remove the blade and the hitch to put on the loader or run with just the MMM. So I guess I am gonna go with MMM and Loader, and get the front hitch mounted blade.

Seems the 366 blade is only 66" wide, so i think I might make or buy some extensions to get the blade covering at least 72"

Well I did get the 366 blade, and I have been investigating the Side extensions and found out the following:

There are two parts that one would need:

TY13028 Side Extensions - ~ $117
BM22127 Top Extensions - ~ $80

I called a few dealers and no one seemed to know what the dimensions are for these parts. Also everyone said these extensions are for light material only. Also based on what the dealers were seeing in their files, they indicated that the side extensions appear to be at least 1/3 as wide as the blade?

Seems like they might not be what I was looking for as I wanted to add some additional width but it needs to be as sturdy as the rest of the blade or close to it.

Has anyone out there added extensions to the 366 blade or the 74" blade? If so can you send pics or at least provide some impressions of how solid/stiff the extensions actually are?

B4 I go down the road of aftermarket extensions, I want to see if I can get by with these in wet snow?

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #19  
Nuru, in order to mount both the MMM and the front TPH, JD supplies an optional "Front 3-point hitch/mid-mount mower draft arms" kit, identified as Bundle LVB24810. This kit replaces the standard draft arms for the MMM with draft arms which do not interfere with the front hitch.

Good luck with the front blade.

Nuru, in order to mount both the MMM and the front TPH, JD supplies an optional "Front 3-point hitch/mid-mount mower draft arms" kit, identified as Bundle LVB24810. This kit replaces the standard draft arms for the MMM with draft arms which do not interfere with the front hitch.

Good luck with the front blade.
Thanks, GreenWannabe, Yes; I ordered that kit and I will install the entire front hitch set when the kit arrives.