366 Frame Mounted blade

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade
here is the pic I posted on another thread.

Attachments

• Front 3PT blade.JPG
    Front 3PT blade.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 527
   / 366 Frame Mounted blade #23  
I do not know if this is an option for you... but... We biult a set of wings for a smaller blade on a friends gt235. We found an old plow and cut it in half then added mounting brackets. We added some support to his current blade. I will try and grab a picture, but he has less than 50 dollars into the deal. He uses it hard, clearing a driveway over 300 feet long. Way more than the tractor and blade should be, and its fine... Might you be able to build one?

I do not know if this is an option for you... but... We biult a set of wings for a smaller blade on a friends gt235. We found an old plow and cut it in half then added mounting brackets. We added some support to his current blade. I will try and grab a picture, but he has less than 50 dollars into the deal. He uses it hard, clearing a driveway over 300 feet long. Way more than the tractor and blade should be, and its fine... Might you be able to build one?

I thought about that, and I am also thinking about getting these wings and beefing them up too. I am hoping someone bought these and can upload pics so I can see what they look like installed and off the blade?. Don't think i want to go for the homemade just yet. i am also exploring 2" hard rubber for extensions too.

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #25  
I am going to try to get some pics of what we did. I found a back blade in the old farm barn that I would be willing to donate if you want to go this way. It measuered 17 inches tall.

I could cut it and package it up easy.

I am going to try to get some pics of what we did. I found a back blade in the old farm barn that I would be willing to donate if you want to go this way. It measuered 17 inches tall.

I could cut it and package it up easy.

I would definitely like to see those pics. 17" might be too short actually for this blade.

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #27  
I will try to get over there this weekend. We used a shorter blade on his sides to eliminate the stress that could be cause by pushing a huge pile. His machine is only a GT235, so there is not the force there to push a big pile also.

I will try to get over there this weekend. We used a shorter blade on his sides to eliminate the stress that could be cause by pushing a huge pile. His machine is only a GT235, so there is not the force there to push a big pile also.

Very good point actually, as for some reason, JD decided to go with a 66" blade on the 3520 versus a 72" blade, like what was available on the 4310?

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #29  
Here are the pictures of what we did for his smaller plow. I think you could do the same very easily!:D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 175
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 167
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 230
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 192
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 250
Thanks a bunch, kinda interesting and it does promote some additional thought.