366 Frame Mounted blade

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #31  
Good job on that blade, nmu98! Easy to adjust; on or off and looks like it would make the blade alot more efficient for holding and piling snow.

Need something like that for my 110 (with skid steer attachment..).

AKfish

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade
Well here is the Front 3PT Hitch installed

Attachments

• Front3point hitch1.JPG
    Front3point hitch1.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 833
  • Front3point hitch2.JPG
    Front3point hitch2.JPG
    208.6 KB · Views: 557
  • Front3point hitch3.JPG
    Front3point hitch3.JPG
    191.2 KB · Views: 597
  • HitchDraftArmsfront2.JPG
    HitchDraftArmsfront2.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 393
  • HitchDraftArmsfront.JPG
    HitchDraftArmsfront.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 441
  • wholething.JPG
    wholething.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 472
  • sideview7.JPG
    sideview7.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 565
   / 366 Frame Mounted blade #33  
How bad was it nuru... Looks like a PITA:eek:

How bad was it nuru... Looks like a PITA:eek:

nmu98, Actually, it really was not bad at all. I am leaving this on until I need to use the loader, then it is just a few pins and it is off the tractor, takes a couple of minutes to get it off and back on.

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #35  
It's hard to see where/how the arms disconnect. And the shiny brass-like linkage stays on all the time, yes?

You'd not want to be dragging thru the woods or in rough territory with that hardware either - I'm guessing...

That said; I'm wondering about the advantages of this front blade configuration vs the older, drive-over design? The 380-390 front mounted blades.

AKfish

/ 366 Frame Mounted blade #36  
AKfish, I think the reason Deere went with the front 3pt for the frotn blade mount was to make an easily compatible front blade with loader and MMM's. The 3pt removes easily and then you can change into the loader. With the old style 380-390 blades the brackets were not compatible with the loader mounts or the MMM. When I bought the 3520 I have I had a choice of going with the front 3pt hitch if I wanted a front blade. I myself liked the old style blades so I modified my loader mount to be compatible with the blade mounts. Now I can change between loader and blade in a few minutes without removing any brackets. The only drawback is now I can't use a MMM, which did not matter to me. I think the old style mounting system is stronger than the new style 3pt and that is the main reason I didn't go with the new front 3pt hitch. It looks as though the new style has the advantage of more ground clearance, although I never found that to be a problem with the old style..I always wondered why Deere never offered a loader mount that would also be compatible with the blade mounts?

Nuru, do you have any pics of the blade not connected to the 3pt. I'm curious as to how the lift cylinder comes into play?

Below pic is of JD3520 with a 390 front blade old style mounts.
P1010840.jpg

Below pic is of modified loader mounts with old style 390 mounts behind the loader/cab mounts.
frontbladebracketrearcloseup.jpg

It's hard to see where/how the arms disconnect. And the shiny brass-like linkage stays on all the time, yes?

You'd not want to be dragging thru the woods or in rough territory with that hardware either - I'm guessing...

That said; I'm wondering about the advantages of this front blade configuration vs the older, drive-over design? The 380-390 front mounted blades.

AKfish

AKfish;The linkage can come off with the MMM if one desires. The front 3PT comes off in seconds and just leaves the brackets and the MMM hooked up.

" Nuru, do you have any pics of the blade not connected to the 3pt. I'm curious as to how the lift cylinder comes into play?"

DirtW; Here you go. This is pic of it on the floor of my shed.

Attachments

• Front 3PT blade.JPG
    Front 3PT blade.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 416
  • Front 3PT blade_invert.JPG
    Front 3PT blade_invert.JPG
    184.1 KB · Views: 344
   / 366 Frame Mounted blade #39  
Duh... Ok, it takes me a little longer to catch on, sometimes. MMM. And the PITA mounting bracket removal if you want to switch between the FEL and the blade (Dirt's solution to that problem).

Thanks.

AKfish

On mine the A Frame and the arms come off and then you can go to the loader and if you want to go to the blade then you put the A-Frame and arms back on (a couple of minutes), then you can use the blade. The MM can stay on the tractor regardless.