5 Day Work Week

/ 5 Day Work Week #21  
I hate it when we order something online to be shipped via UPS only to get a card in my mailbox telling me to come to post office to pick up package. Post office wont deliver it, why didn't UPS deliver it?

I order plenty of stuff and get all kinds of deliveries, USPS ,UPS and fed X I don't think I have ever received one of those cards from anyone? If its a package that wont go in the mail box by USPS the driver gets out and puts in on the porch.

/ 5 Day Work Week #22  
I don't remember the last time we got anything of use out of our mail box; cutback in service won't affect us.

/ 5 Day Work Week #23  
I get all kinds of stuff that is delivered priority mail or a USPS final destination delivery from UPS so that is about the only thing of use. That and the bills and tax notifications.

/ 5 Day Work Week
One thing I hadn't thought about but might be effected by eliminating one day, Is Post Dating a letter, or trying to get a payment in on time, usually if payment winds up being a day late we can blame it on being tied up in the mail, to quote the term: "It's in the mail"
although now-a-days we have the ability to call in payments and funds are drafted on the spot, But I'm sure they're few that still mail out their payments at the last minute, :ashamed: Guilty

Here is another example of how the mail might be effected,
During the seasons Christmas Holidays, We purchased a gift from someone, it came with a substantial amount of reabate, the procedure wasn't like it use to be where the retailer provide the form and you sent it in, Oh but! there is better technology now that can speed up the process, What I was instructed to do is go online to fill out the form, supposively "cuts out on mail Time" after doing so they then sent me an email stating the rest of the procedure, which referred back to the old way, cut off the POP lable and send in a copy of the purchase receipt, and request that I post date it if the time were about up for me to collect the rebate, Oh! and ask if I was interested in a quick money back rebate? they would subtract 4.00 and I am suppose to get it back in 7-10 days, rather than the traditional waiting period of 10-12 weeks, so of course I opt for them to take 4 dollars of my 40.00 rebate just to move things along quicker,
So I sent out the letter and waited a few days to hear back from them, 7 days later I get an email confirming they had just received the letter and will follow up with another email after reviewing the documents, also providing me with a tracking no# I'm thinking to myself taken 7 days for my letter starting here in Ga. bound for California might not be bad time if were routed by grounds, But I know mail get on a plane at some point and should be their in a matter of a few days, so anyway I over looked that and waited 3 days with no email from them, So I kindly dropped them an email, Their automated reply stated my documents was still under review, and would be in touch soon, Ok ---> 3 more days went by hearing nothing, How long does it take to review documents?:confused2: I finally found a tel# to customer service and talked with someone, They reminded me that it takes a while to process the rebate, I reminded her that I allow them to keep 4 dollars for speedy return of the rebate, she say Oh! Ooops! she can see this now and will give immediate attention, 2 days later I checked the tracking # provided and still no movement, I checked again the fallowing day and seen it had been mailed out, 2 days latter on Saturday I received the rebate,. In my calculations it only took 3 days once they sent it for me to recieve my rebate in the mail, But yet clames to had took 7 days to initially reach their office,
Sorry! didn't mean for this to sound like a rant, more so to be an example on how the mail services is being manipulated and being used as excuses for some business practices,......;)

/ 5 Day Work Week #26  
They are only loosing 25 million dollar a day, any business play is better than they have now! Congress is to blame.

mark
Has anyone considered the loss of revenue due to E-Mails and the Internet such as paying bills online;etc?

/ 5 Day Work Week #28  
Has anyone considered the loss of revenue due to E-Mails and the Internet?

NBC news last night said first class mail has declined 30% in just the last four years. Some reader commenters on a CNN post office story claimed the enormous pension payments required by congress are being spent in the general budget, like Social Security payments.

/ 5 Day Work Week #29  
Its like amtrak, do we really need the USPS at all? Stamps might a a dollar or more but some private carrier would probably jump at the chance to carry "mail".

/ 5 Day Work Week #30  
I vote they go to MWF mail delivery.

Absolutely agree.....the postal service is inefficient and has lost big money for years. About time they took action.....Saturday delivery should be only the start. Maybe they should go private....get the government out of the mail business.