5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California
I would rather have the capacity the lift. I do have an Ariens Pro but it is hard for me to manage now. The bucket is a lot more fun and no shear pins.

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #12  
You gotta love it when plan comes together...enjoy the seat time. :thumbsup:

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #13  
Photos and videos, please. I love snow.

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #14  
Last 2 days we have received 30" of very very dense wet snow to be followed by 2' to 3' tonight Sunday and Monday. I'm 74 and live at 7,000' in the San Bernardino Mountains. So I got the Mahindra EMAX22 after looking at Deere and Kubota. I wanted the extra weight about 2,000# with the loader. Chains may be here Monday, then again they may not. Two of the three roads up here were closed yesterday and last night and the third was single lane - Flatlanders.

My driveway is 100' long with a 15 degree slope for the first 30'. The city uses large road graders and large articulated Front End Loaders with a 5' high by 10' 6,000# front blade and are chained on all wheels.

Chain restrictions are in effect R3, all vehicles must be chained even 4x4 and AWD, All 3 highways up and in Town.

They came by three times over night and this morning making a 4-5' high berm about 6 to 8' deep. Thanks guys! We seldom see frost on the south facing land and roads so the bottom 3 to 6" of the snow is slushy ice. An Ariens Pro snowblower can't cut through it. Have to layer it, in steps.

But the New Mahindra can, used the bucket and easily cleared my berm and a few others. So far I'm really impressed with the little beast and I'm not breathing heavy, sweating or aching - but smiling. This was without chains just using the bucket. I always help a few neighbors, one who is 83 -Alice. Picked up $40 doing the berms on two vacation rentals - flatlanders.

Bout time you folks got some drought relief down there. We've been getting a lot this year too. No shortage of the wet stuff this year. Lots of snow, rain sleet and sometimes all at the same time.

BTW I grooved my R4 tires instead of going with chains to help save my asphalt drive and so far so good.

We are now on the tail end of storm #3 and the total is 5'+. Can't get out of any outside doors. Wind gusts were up to 47 mph. I did plow before this last storm so I only have 2 to 3' of snow on the drive. The berm is pretty massive. Plows came by 90 minutes ago.
So soon I will go out and start having fun!

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #16  
Our forecast for Tuesday is 3" of snow, followed by sleet, followed by freezing rain, followed by rain.... it is going to be a mess.
ForestG... pictures of your 'fun' situation would be enjoyed by all.

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #17  
If any of you would like to see their snow wander over to Trainorders.com Railroad Center
click on the Western Railroads home page and click on the Donner Pass thread
to see a little snow.

In most years both Europe in the Alps and Hokkaido Island in Japan receive much more than
Donner Pass.

So I have been a little busy. At 7,000' where I am we got 5' + 2.17" rain At 8,000' they got 70". Some people use contractors to plow their driveways but they have largely been a no show. People see me doing mine and friends and ask how much. First berm was $40, second time same house $50. Neighbor with a north facing driveway asked $50 he gave me $80. Just put the chains on the rear, the bottom 4-6" of the snow is now frozen. Drove down to the AM PM for diesel and got stopped twice. Quoted one guy $80 - done - another next door came over quoted $100, they are shoveling, for now. The 5' is now compacting down and getting much denser.

I have pictures but I am not familiar with how to post them on this forum. Sent some to the dealer, he wants to use them in his advertising, said yes! Tell me how and I will.

IMG_6279.JPGIMG_6280.JPGIMG_6298.JPGIMG_6315.JPGIMG_6318.JPG