5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #21  
Here in SE New England, we still have no snow. It's been in the 40-50 degree range. Occasional heavy rain every few days. I don't miss it.

This was 2 winters ago:
Web%20snowhousemar5th2015.jpg

stuckweb.jpg

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #22  
"Here in SE New England, we still have no snow. It's been in the 40-50 degree range. Occasional heavy rain every few days. I don't miss it."

Keep those fingers cross for we still have couple months left.

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #23  
Well, Forrest - you and I have a few things in common. We both love & use our tractors - we are both the same age & we both have the same regards for flatlanders.

Enjoy your winter - be careful on your tractor and give us some pictures, when you get a chance. Oosik

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #24  
Here in northern Indiana we have a forecast for 7 inches over the next 18 hours or so. Nothing we haven't seen 100 times before. People are freaking out. It's like the first time it has ever happened or something.

Now if they were forecasting snow by the foot I would stock up more on groceries and diesel than I normally do.

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California
We need more snow, a lot more:
IMG_6276.JPGIMG_6299.JPGIMG_6318.JPG

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #26  
Not to be a downer- but a question. How are you insured? My tractor is covered by my homeowners but I'm not allowed to use it for anything beyond home maintenance and certainly not for hire.
Seems it's common to damage (mostly minor) hidden treasures in the snow.
This says more about our society and culture than anything-especially on the left coast- sad. I'd love to help my neighbors and actually offered one of my neighbors my tractor before purchase. But once I purchased and understood the insurance I had to retract the offer.

Not to be a downer- but a question. How are you insured? My tractor is covered by my homeowners but I'm not allowed to use it for anything beyond home maintenance and certainly not for hire.
Seems it's common to damage (mostly minor) hidden treasures in the snow.
This says more about our society and culture than anything-especially on the left coast- sad. I'd love to help my neighbors and actually offered one of my neighbors my tractor before purchase. But once I purchased and understood the insurance I had to retract the offer.

I help all my neighbors. Always have and always will.

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #28  
5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California

I help all my neighbors. Always have and always will.

If the implication is I'm someone who wouldn't or won't you've mistaken the tone of my post. The question was how are you insured? If not I understand. I'm just trying to figure out if their is a way to help (or in your case charge) your neighbors and be covered with insurance. As stated in my post it's something I'd love to do.
Thx for the insight

Last edited:
Re: 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California

If the implication is I'm someone who wouldn't or won't you've mistaken the tone of my post. The question was how are you insured? If not I understand. I'm just trying to figure out if their is a way to help (or in your case charge) your neighbors and be covered with insurance. As stated in my post it's something I'd love to do.
Thx for the insight

I didn't mean to answer you in that tone, sorry. It is covered on my home insurance policy. We live in BB's newest sub with buried utilities. I've been plowing an elderly lady down the street and her neighbor for years although she is more spry and fit than me. In return she sits our cat Rupert. Usually in a bad storm anywhere from 3 to 5 of us grab shovels, snow blowers and my tractor and just start.

7 years ago we got dumped on for 2.5 days straight. When it was over we had 7'. The big city plows had lots of issues. The big commercial blowers ate 2 parked cars. One threw rocks through houses as he went. Transformers were pushed off their basses, cars hit, many fences ripped apart. City said don't worry we have coverage, their insurers said no not related to any proveable single event. City went to contractors - no. Each person had to cover their own damages out of pocket except for the two eaten car - they were still in the mouths of the blowers. When snow conditions are on there is no parking on city streets.

So I just stick to the driveway, I know most of them. The owner is usually present because they can't get in, are stuck or are just there to help. If I am making a payment on something which makes their life a whole bunch easier they want to help. There was substantial damage caused by this last storm too. Mostly to fences and utility boxes and some parked cars. None by me, I stick to the drives which I know. If I am not sure I ask. One guy painted the snow on the edge of his drive. I even pushed upright a small tree that fell on his drive.

I guess the attitude here is what a mess we are in you can't make it no worse. I also pulled two cars out that were high centered.

/ 5' Forcast 24" so far in Sunny Southern California #30  
I'd like to be able to do the same type thing. My neighbors do a lot for us and a little tractor work in the snow would be a great way to keep the good will going. Sounds like I need to call around for an insurance carrier who recognizes the tractor may leave the property but it's not used for business.
Now that I'm done hijacking- It looks like you have been busy and having fun with the tractor. It's satisfying to get out in the snow with the right equipment!