5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #121  
WCH, do not know why I did not think of it earlier but to desinitist desenseitise desenitise anyway to make my hand less sensitive I made sure my left hand was on any air tool I needed to use. I have an air sander that has a lot of virbration to it and while a little hard to deal with in the begining it no longer bothers me much.. something about vibration seems to help. I too am still sensitive but forturnately for me I do not seem to ever graze that area, I just always bang the crap out of it. Merry Christmas my friend. Bill

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act
WCH, do not know why I did not think of it earlier but to desinitist desenseitise desenitise anyway to make my hand less sensitive I made sure my left hand was on any air tool I needed to use. I have an air sander that has a lot of virbration to it and while a little hard to deal with in the begining it no longer bothers me much.. something about vibration seems to help. I too am still sensitive but forturnately for me I do not seem to ever graze that area, I just always bang the crap out of it. Merry Christmas my friend. Bill

Bill,

Little different for me. I severed 3 nerves which were sewn back together but are still not functional. They used the vibration thingy on my in therapy and I have one here at home too. Holding things in my palm is kind of useless as it is extremely sensitive and if it hits the wrong spot, it hurts bad enough that what little hair I have left catches fire. :eek:

Sorry Jake ;) I lived in Jersey 10 years. After I sobered up, I got the heck out. BTW, nice visit the other day. Great to put a face to people on TBN.

Merry Christmas all, Andy.

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #123  
I refuel my tractor by sitting the 5 gallon container on the hood next to the fill area. Then I remove the spout and stick a kerosene siphon (bought at TSC) into the spout hole. Put discharge of spout into tank and pump the kerosene siphon bulb until I get a flow.

In your situation, just sit the container on a bench or chair and insert the syphon.

I only use the spout when the container is near empty. Too heavy for me to manage with 2 good hands until then.

Ralph

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #124  
Here is something I have occasionally used.
http://www.shammysolutions.com/site/1618064/product/100-23

Mostly I forget I have it. We don't -- yet -- have those kinds of spouts. Though the Fed's (of one sort or the other) have mandated that cans can't have the vents on them anymore. Yet one more thing to thank Kalifornia for....

I have used the push spouts on my white gas (Coleman fuel) cans for years to fill my lantern and stove. Works well (usually needs new o rings every other year, which I never get around to fixing before I need one, so I have a collection of them needing O rings).

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #125  
Andy, understood. The surgeon cut palm and top an inch or so to cut the nerves back. First few months I had to wear gloves but now I can bare hand most anything. I fully understand that teeth rattling sensation, I hate that you still have that.

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #126  
Well arrest me then.

I'm a little miffed that the plastic jerry cans now don't have the snap-open vent like they used to.

I have a number of the cans shown above in your pictures--they are at Lowes for 8.50 each--Blue, Yellow and Red.

I saw on another post the tubeless tire valve stem idea and put it to the test. I bought the fancy metal chrome ones and inserted it from within thecan with a coat hanger. Works great and looks pretty cool.

Maybe I should start selling these on my website: silkhopefarms.com

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #127  
Why are you guys always picking on New Jersey?:cool:

Merry Christmas

Jake

Because they let you in free and hold you hostage to get out of the state on the bridges.:rolleyes:

Sister lives in swedesborough and we have to pay to get back home,
and don't take your 3/4 ton truck with 6 passengers it costs more than 2 cars.

tom

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #128  
I haven't read through this, as I honestly don't have much interest in it (sorry), but I do know that the old style cans are available in North Carolina. As I wrote, I don't know if someone has suggested this yet.

Kyle

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act #129  
Farmboy, you don't have to read it all. I think the point is "New fuel cans coming to a state like yours soon, courtesy of the EPA. "

Anybody else got an issue with having the EPA make this rule when Congress itself probably wouldn't? They ought to have to post their proposed rules on TBN instead of the Federal Register and then see what comments they get. Can anyone imagine the House and Senate passing a bill doing this to 5 gallon fuel cans?

Wonder how long these new fuel spouts are even going to "work" before we have a million of them with broken spouts that are far worse than the old nonvented cans? :mad:

/ 5 Gallon Cans and the American's with Disabilities Act
Because they let you in free and hold you hostage to get out of the state on the bridges.:rolleyes:

Sister lives in swedesborough and we have to pay to get back home,
and don't take your 3/4 ton truck with 6 passengers it costs more than 2 cars.

tom

Do you know why New Yorkers are so depressed? The light at the end of the tunnel is New Jersey.