50 hr service not complete.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #11  
I would call MF and give them this information, because I think it would be in their best interest to perform an audit at this dealership, :confused2:. I do not think this oversight by the MF dealership passes the smell test, :ashamed:. KC :D :D :D

/ 50 hr service not complete. #12  
Yup, dealer got caught and you have to believe this is their SOP. He'll check for "x" marks in the future. These are not mistakes.
Note to others, do your own basic maintenance and save the drama.

As a kid--I'm 62-- I worked in a very meticulous garage in a high rent area.
You did it right or else and there were checks and double-checks. No car ever went out with a loose oil pan bolt but I saw the results from other shops.
So I learned to change my own oil and eventually built a nice farm shop.

Then came the prosperous 1980's and a local car dealer was trying hard to sell me a $$ car. Asked why I never had it serviced there--and did it myself.
I explained I did not want the risk--however slight--of a loose oil pan bolt and the ensuing discourse over the condition of my engine that he would assure me was OK even though I would know better..
He really kept on me about the service and after he offered it free and other free stuff I relented.

Guess what drips I found in my garage overnight? Yup, oil from a loose pan nut. He couldn't believe it happened but I sure could. Lesson learned forever.
Do you own work.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #13  
That's just not right. It's a shame when simple things can't get done right.

I bet the owner didn't know what was going on, just lazy or bitter help.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #14  
That's just not right. It's a shame when simple things can't get done right.

I bet the owner didn't know what was going on, just lazy or bitter help.
Bitter ....possibly........but unlikely.

more than likely just 'inattentive........or just don't care.

The latter is the worst part..........it can't be fixed. The I don't care attitude from the new generation.................!

I was watching a cooking show earlier today............the lady cut up poultry on the cutting board..........and after cooking, she then put the poultry back on the same board to further cut it up. Can we say 'salmonella poisoning'...........inattentive...........or just careless! Bad things happen either way.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #15  
I would call MF and give them this information, because I think it would be in their best interest to perform an audit at this dealership, :confused2:. I do not think this oversight by the MF dealership passes the smell test, :ashamed:. KC :D :D :D
I must agree.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #16  
Yup, dealer got caught and you have to believe this is their SOP. He'll check for "x" marks in the future. These are not mistakes.
Note to others, do your own basic maintenance and save the drama.

As a kid--I'm 62-- I worked in a very meticulous garage in a high rent area.
You did it right or else and there were checks and double-checks. No car ever went out with a loose oil pan bolt but I saw the results from other shops.
So I learned to change my own oil and eventually built a nice farm shop.

Then came the prosperous 1980's and a local car dealer was trying hard to sell me a $$ car. Asked why I never had it serviced there--and did it myself.
I explained I did not want the risk--however slight--of a loose oil pan bolt and the ensuing discourse over the condition of my engine that he would assure me was OK even though I would know better..
He really kept on me about the service and after he offered it free and other free stuff I relented.

Guess what drips I found in my garage overnight? Yup, oil from a loose pan nut. He couldn't believe it happened but I sure could. Lesson learned forever.
Do you own work.

The story of my life. If I don't know how to fix it myself, usually, I learn.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #17  
The story of my life. If I don't know how to fix it myself, usually, I learn.

You know, learning do do most work myself, from auto to building to groundswork has saved me enough to have a complete shop mostly for "free" by the money not paid to others. I had a rule to not pay out more in salary to others than I earned in after-tax income myself. Read that again; it's basic financial sense.

For example, if I made $30 pre-tax pay, my wage after-tax was on the order of $18-$20.
Now, we are not talking about your average tax but the tax on the last dollars earned and it really does approximate 40% if you're in a profession.
Federal, state, local, school, social security and even job related expenses add up.
So, if you clear $18 after-tax, why on earth pay a dealership $90--or more-- plus parts mark-up plus maybe tax on the labor to do simple work?

You can only afford in life to pay someone a wage that is less than your after-tax wage unless it's for a specialty that you are not capable of.
Other than that, study up and pay youself to learn. Sure, you can find isolated exemptions here, and this is an illustration, but the premise is spot on.
Just my two cents.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #18  
When I get a bill for work done, there is always a parts breakdown. Was the hydraulic filter listed as something that you paid for? If so, I wouldn't give these guys the benefit of the doubt. They're ripping people off. I've been known to ask for old parts, like spark plugs, back. Too many guys out there who would change all plugs but one because it was just too hard to reach. It's not a guarantee, but at least they know from the beginning that I'm interested in having the work done properly.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #19  
... I've been known to ask for old parts, like spark plugs, back...

I do the same, but often wonder what prevents them from just giving me parts for someone else' vehicle.

Any shop is going to have lots & lots of old parts around.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #20  
I do the same, but often wonder what prevents them from just giving me parts for someone else' vehicle.

Any shop is going to have lots & lots of old parts around.

That's why we always laughed when people asked for the old parts. 90% of the time, I could have given them "the old parts", before I started the job. Talk about a false sense of security. :thumbsup:

If they want to cheat you, there are dozens of different ways they can do it.

When you really know you can trust someone you use for repairs, remember, it's priceless to be able to do that.