50 hr service not complete.

/ 50 hr service not complete.
The tractor got picked up again Monday morning just as the dealership owner said. :thumbsup: I checked the engine oil filter, air filter, and fuel filter before it left again. All these were new. Looks like the only thing overlooked was the trans fluid and filter. Haven't got a reason of why yet. Will keep everyone posted.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #22  
Now you'll be asking yourself......did they change the fluid, or only the filter. Sorry, but I had to say it.:)

/ 50 hr service not complete. #23  
The truth is, there finding it's not really necessary to change the trans. fluid at 50 hrs.

From reading posts in the orange forum, they have eliminated the 50 hr, and changed the interval to the normal 250 or 300 hrs, (I forget), on some of the Kubota's, to reflect this.

I expect to see that happen here too someday.

Some owners go nuts, and talk about some tiny metal pieces they found in the screen, when they did a 50 hr, (ah, that's what the filters are for), and advise not to wait.

One could argue why wait for 50 hrs, if your that worried? Why not change it at 5 hrs? And, every 50 hrs. after that?

There has to be some sanity, it's expensive to do this, (unless your one of the cheapo TSC fluid users).

I put the used Permatan I took out of my GC, into my fairway mower. God only knows how many hundreds of hrs. were on the fluid I took out of the mower. The used Permatran in there now, has well over 300 hrs on it, running in the high time, well worn mower trans, and it's still clean, and clear.

Some will disagree, but I would not lose sleep over whether they changed it or not, at this point. Unless you see them drain, and fill it, you won't know for sure. But, you will be fine, either way.

Do it yourself next time, then you will know.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #24  
   / 50 hr service not complete. #25  
The truth is, there finding it's not really necessary to change the trans. fluid at 50 hrs.

From reading posts in the orange forum, they have eliminated the 50 hr, and changed the interval to the normal 250 or 300 hrs, (I forget), on some of the Kubota's, to reflect this.

I expect to see that happen here too someday.

Some owners go nuts, and talk about some tiny metal pieces they found in the screen, when they did a 50 hr, (ah, that's what the filters are for), and advise not to wait.

One could argue why wait for 50 hrs, if your that worried? Why not change it at 5 hrs? And, every 50 hrs. after that?

There has to be some sanity, it's expensive to do this, (unless your one of the cheapo TSC fluid users).

I put the used Permatan I took out of my GC, into my fairway mower. God only knows how many hundreds of hrs. were on the fluid I took out of the mower. The used Permatran in there now, has well over 300 hrs on it, running in the high time, well worn mower trans, and it's still clean, and clear.

Some will disagree, but I would not lose sleep over whether they changed it or not, at this point. Unless you see them drain, and fill it, you won't know for sure. But, you will be fine, either way.

Do it yourself next time, then you will know.

You must have money to burn! You don't care if somebody charges you for something but doesn't actually provide the goods/ service?

/ 50 hr service not complete. #26  
You must have money to burn! You don't care if somebody charges you for something but doesn't actually provide the goods/ service?

I can't possibly imagine how you came to that ridiculous conclusion. :confused:

First of all, you should have noticed the OP did not actually "pay" for the 50 hr service. The dealer said he would do it N/C. Since it is coming out of the dealers profit, the chances are good, this is why it was not done right.

There is no way to know if the fluid has been changed. So, how would you suggest he go about making the dealer do it, if the dealer says he already did?

You can't refuse to pay a bill, or stop payment on a job your not being billed for. There goes all your options.

This is why I do things myself, chalk this one up to experience.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #27  
Check your invoice to see if the hydro filter and fluid is listed. If its listed the tech might be a crook that screwed you and the dealer. From a dealer's perspective this is fraud. A company document listing something that did not get performed.
If its not they might have made a mistake on what was supposed to be done (I am sure they have lots of models and service intervals). From a dealer's perspective this is sloppy or incompetent. They did not do what they were supposed to do but the paperwork is accurate.
If you did not get an invoice then you most likely got a free ;) service that was worth almost nothing.

/ 50 hr service not complete.
Sorry so late getting back with the results. The owner of the dealership had the tractor picked up as promised. The new filter was installed and marked with the date. The invoice had filter and fluid listed. No explination of why this was overlooked. Just a huge " We'll make it right ". It's all good. I really like Don at Harmony Outdoors. He has not lost my buiseness due to this. When I called him with the bad news he still thought they had my tractor. He was unaware that it had even been delivered. Much less without a filter and fluid change. Bottom line is he made it right. That's all I wanted. His dealership has a great hometown feel and will be there Tuesday to buy some Stihl stuff.

/ 50 hr service not complete. #29  
"Bottom line is he made it right." :thumbsup::thumbsup: