$5000 truck?

/ $5000 truck? #31  
Oh billy definately lifted it under a shade tree with 2 buddies and a case of nasty lite.

/ $5000 truck? #32  
The truck has served the purpose I bought it for, pulling my 14k dumptrailer and 12k cargo trailer. I got it cheap because it was a stick and an XL trim (no power anything).
But now it's time to find something that's more comfortable to drive,(meaning a XLT w/ auto) and my wife hates riding in it due to rough ride, and lack of room.

/ $5000 truck? #33  
I primarily posted that link to show what you can get FIND for listed at $5,000 - not much and you'd better be prepared to wrench.

Look on the diesel truck forums - darn little is going for his target price.

And there are a LOT of peeps selling trucks for $15K that are KBB valued at $10K. And then they announce in the thread sold, but we don't know what for.

I've had my BIL helping (?) me look for a truck for over a year. Every time I find something I think is good it's "mileage too high" or "I can find better" - but he hasn't.

Good luck to the OP.

/ $5000 truck?
I'd love to have a diesel, but I will probably end up with a gas motor if this deal happens.

/ $5000 truck? #35  
Before I had any disposable income, i used to buy 100K Chevy and GMC 4x4's ever other year. I'd put 60k on them and sell them for almost what I had in them. Never had a serious mechanical or any other failure. Alternators and water pumps, that's all.
That plan worked good here for a while, now it seems eveybody with a vehicle to sell has to come up with 2-3 grand just to be able to sell it to you. Some flat can't sell it because of price differential.

/ $5000 truck? #36  
I'd love to have a diesel, but I will probably end up with a gas motor if this deal happens.

I am sure the dealer could work a deal on your truck in trade for a good used 1/2 ton 4x4 and the Challenger you want.

Chris

/ $5000 truck? #37  
There were rod and main bearing issues with the late 90's Dodges with 360's...Many people I know had those give up at less than 80K...The 318 was pretty much bullet proof. There were tranny problems but they were hit and miss.

Another dig at GM Chris?;)

I was told by him it was a oil pump but never saw it torn down first hand. He just put a Jasper Reman in it.

As for the GM comment its not a dig, just the facts. I wrote them off and will never own or drive another. Again, not a dig, just the facts as I see them! Because of that I do not look at them so have no idea what they are doing. I will admit though after reading the HD truck shootout I am impressed with what they have done with our money to make the trucks they have better. I think there are many more out there who feel the same way after the bath we took with them.

By the way I will walk if I run out of gas before I buy a drop of BP fuel again. I now find myself going out of my way to avoid there stations. Call me a redneck or what ever but thats how I live my life.

Chris

/ $5000 truck? #39  
I was told by him it was a oil pump but never saw it torn down first hand. He just put a Jasper Reman in it.

As for the GM comment its not a dig, just the facts. I wrote them off and will never own or drive another. Again, not a dig, just the facts as I see them! Because of that I do not look at them so have no idea what they are doing. I will admit though after reading the HD truck shootout I am impressed with what they have done with our money to make the trucks they have better. I think there are many more out there who feel the same way after the bath we took with them.

By the way I will walk if I run out of gas before I buy a drop of BP fuel again. I now find myself going out of my way to avoid there stations. Call me a redneck or what ever but thats how I live my life.

Chris

Wow Chris, you put alot of effort into this...I'll buy from BP and GM. All and all GM was a good carmaker that let the company get away from them and the reasons are legion. Since a discussion of the reasons are banned on TBN, I won't broach the subject.

However, let's see how the IPO goes and how much money that they get to repay their loan. Chrysler did this in the 80's and paid back with interest and they were bailed out again. I haven't seen any plausible plan from them to repay anything.

If the tax money stewed at GM for a year or two and it's paid back, I have no problem with that. Better than investing in studying cocaine addicted possums.

I believe that GM is back in full force based on everything they are putting out now...Cadillac is up there with the best of the world luxury vehicles, the trucks get rave ratings and the Malibu and Impala are receiving positive reviews from even those that hated GM since 1960.

Time will tell...But the only Ford I ever owned was a 1950 F1 street rod (subbed, tubbed, chopped and lowered) that was GM powered front to rear.:cool:

If you guys have moral convictions againt GM, fine. That's your right. But do you want them to recover? If they do, they will sell more and hire more and buy more. If not welcome to 2009.

And as far as BP. Most all stations around here are locally owned franchises. Why would I want to punish a small business owner based on the industrial accident of their supplier?

Did BP and/or their contractors make a mess. Yes. After it happened they threw everything they had at it and still are. I've been involved in massive corporate catastrophies as part of my job, and I can tell you that what comes out on TV is far different from what is going on in the real world. Corporate flacks sometimes can't create a clear picture of how the problem is being handled, so they take the cheap way out and inflame everyone. Once the toothpaste is out of the tube...You know how that goes.

I'm sure that BP will do everything they can to clean up the the aftermath, and I hope that they succeed for everyone that was impacted.

Keep in mind that this fake populism that is circling around the toilet is the easy way to escape reality, and it's everywhere.

Last edited:
   / $5000 truck? #40  
To each his own. I have given up on them via my dollars like many have with Walmart, ect.

Chris