5083E Anybody have one??

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #11  
I've had 5083E for about a year. Great tractor.

I would say it is a good tractor for a <100 ac farm, more than 100ac of land to work means bigger implements that this tractor might have problems with but I've used

3 bottom plow (hard and soft soil, lots of rocks!)
16' cultivator
10' disc
8' rotary cutters
12' drill box
8' snow blower (going through 3'-4' snow banks)
7' tiller
8' backhoe

It is a heavy tractor especially if you get a loader, so get wide tires.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #12  
I am currently in negotiations with a dealer on a 5083E. I wanted an open station tractor with about 65 hp and the power reverser. Turns out that I can get into this cab tractor for less money than an M series. Trading a 3520 with 138 hours on it and a 300X loader, for the 5083E and a 553 loader, two sets of Hydraulic on the back. They want 26,950 difference. 0% for 72months.

What do you guys think?

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #13  
That's a pretty big jump! 37hp to 83hp... and 4,000lbs to 10,000lbs! What are you doing that you'll need to move up to a 5000 series platform?

AKfish

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #14  
I have 120 acres of ground 60 miles north of where I live. The 3520 was great for around the house, but not much good for the farm. I have 25 acres of CRP That I have to mow and my brother and dad have probably another 600 acres as well. It would share in the duties up there mostly. I have always used their tractors in the past up there, but have been wanting a tractor for some time that would do the job up there and here as well.

Not sure if the price spread is to much or not. It is going to be a stretch for me. However with the financing, that they are offering, the monthly payments are going to be lower, than they are currently with the 3520.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #15  
Double duty on your home place and the 120 acre place and with your Dad and brother's 600 acres? Or is that triple duty??

IIRC - you posted that the dealer is offering ~19,000 for your 3520 and he wants ~27,000 difference -- close enough for my "rounded" head?

I just bought a 5075M for $61K - shipped to Alaska. Quite a few options; including a $3K HD rear blade.

Just for discussion's sake... drop the $3k shipping, the $3k blade, drop the optional cab/air seat $900, 563SL loader with 3rd SCV and mid SCV ~$2.5k, rear wiper, rear work lights $500, rear weights $700, front wheel spacers $500, rear fender EH control $400....

See where this goes -- the M series is only a few $K more than the E. And it's alot beefier where it counts! The rear transaxle and the EH 3pt. The added hydraulic capacity.

If your Dad and brother are gonna be working the tractor on the 600 acre place (or you're gonna lend a hand with your new tractor) spend some time looking at the machines; shoulder to shoulder.

You might just find that the longer term "value" is the better investment.

Good luck.

AKfish

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #16  
we bought 3 5101e limiteds and 3 5093e limiteds back the first of june and have put about 100 hours on them and just 1 had to go back to the dealer because it was blowing fuses. the best modification we did was move the seats back 4 inches and that made a world of difference.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #17  
Well I started out with an Open Station 5065M with a reverser and loader and it was higher than the 5083E with a cab. The hydraulics are stronger, and the controls are fancier and easier to get to, but this tractor will lift a big bale front and back, and I can sit in A/C and heat for less money. That is the issue.

A new 5065M with a cab and loader will list for over 55 grand. The 5083E with same loader will be 44 list. That is more difference that I can take, and or need. And, it is less HP. I can not swing the M series. Maybe later in life, but not now. It is way more expensive, and I don't think, for my needs, it is worth the extra money.

What I am wondering if the trade difference seems to much, or a good deal?

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #18  
Deere9986
How did you move the seat back? I noticed if seemed very close as well when I tested it.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #19  
just unbolt the seat and move it back as far as you want then drill new holes and bolt it down. i thought it was crazy the seat will move forward but not back anymore. when i went to alabama to pick up 4 of the tractors the dealer told me how they do it when someone wanted an airride seat in one. he also told me that you can order a box that will allow you to adjust the speed the power reverser shifts between fwd and rev. never looked into it because i think its fine the way it is.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #20  
Thank you. IF I end up with one, that might be something I will do. I guess there is a way to get a wrench on the underneath side of the bolts?