5083E Anybody have one??

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #21  
Have had a 5083E w/ 563 SLL for a couple months now. Plenty of power for a small farm. Nice cold cab w/ great visibility. A fine machine for the money.

Only 2 drawbacks so far: first, the 3pt lift lever is too close to the seat & too short for comfort, especially with the air ride seat option (a must have) ... I plan on fabricating a new lever or extension to help with that; second, adding 3rd mid-SCV means tossing a perfectly good dual mid SCV as the 3rd is a dealer only option & completely replaces the dual SCV body.

If you board or work horses, consider joining USEF.org for a 20% discount on new JD machines.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #22  
Space Ghost.
thanks for info. I don't board horses, so I guess I am out on that deal, but I appreciate the feedback on the tractor. I think I am ready to pull the trigger. My wife is not so convinced at this point, but I am working on her. It is a lot of money for sure.
Take Care,

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #23  
Space Ghost.
thanks for info. I don't board horses, so I guess I am out on that deal, but I appreciate the feedback on the tractor. I think I am ready to pull the trigger. My wife is not so convinced at this point, but I am working on her. It is a lot of money for sure.
Take Care,

Guess am somewhat lucky, I was looking at the 4720 & the wife said "don't bring home a cute tractor, get one that can plow" ... after closely comparing prices, capability & resale, the 5083E became an easy decision.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #24  
Well got her talked into it, and I should have it in a week or so. They had to order the loader for it, so it will be a week or two before I actually have it. I think it will do what I need it to. Would really like to have a grapple for it. I have a lot of brush to push with it.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #25  
Congrats on taking a big plunge! I'll bet'cha that turbo'ed 4.5l engine will do everything you need to get done! :thumbsup:

I really went back and forth between the Limited and the M series... Who knows - maybe my next tractor will be a cab Limited model! Might go up to the 93hp!

Gotta see lot's of pics when you get 'er home!

AKfish

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #26  
Well got her talked into it, and I should have it in a week or so. They had to order the loader for it, so it will be a week or two before I actually have it. I think it will do what I need it to. Would really like to have a grapple for it. I have a lot of brush to push with it.

congrats ... waiting is tough but worth it.

did you opt for the euro/global adapter on FEL, or the Skid Steer Quick Adapter ?

by luck, i got the HD global bucket which comes with grapple mounting points, & will buy global implements that are for heaviest work, like pallet forks.

But upon pricing global grapples, opted to buy an aftermarket SSQA so we can use cheaper & very plentiful SS implements such as a grapple. difference in price between global grapple & SS grapple paid for the adapter from Washburn. now all other lighter duty FEL implements can be SSQA, including rentals

Global Euro ALO hitch adapter to skidsteer conversion

it arrived today & is very well built. first task with it will handling a SS post hole digger we found for 50% off new.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #27  
Ive got one order:D

Good info for the grapple, I think that will be the most useful attachment.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #28  
Mine is sitting at the dealer waiting on the loader, and the extra set of rear hydraulic hook ups. Should be ready in a week or so. Is taking a long time to get the loader seems like.

I am going to go down there tomorrow and check it out.
Going to put my own radio in it, because the JD one is 400 bucks. I can buy one much cheaper, that has ipod hook ups. Going to take off the junky bias tires and put some Michelin Radials on it. Will make it a much better tractor. Have a dealer that is trading me out of the bias tire into the Michelin Radials. Can't wait to get it out and work it.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #29  
Mine is sitting at the dealer waiting on the loader, and the extra set of rear hydraulic hook ups. Should be ready in a week or so. Is taking a long time to get the loader seems like.

I am going to go down there tomorrow and check it out.
Going to put my own radio in it, because the JD one is 400 bucks. I can buy one much cheaper, that has ipod hook ups. Going to take off the junky bias tires and put some Michelin Radials on it. Will make it a much better tractor. Have a dealer that is trading me out of the bias tire into the Michelin Radials. Can't wait to get it out and work it.

wishin' I had thought of trading for radials upon delivery -- smart move

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #30  
Yea, I work in the AG industry and know a tire guy that is big in farm tires, and I asked him if he was interested in the bias tires coming off. And he said yes as long as I don't put any hours on them. He wants them as new as possible. So, I am not going to even use it, we are going to change them over after they deliver it to my house. It is going to make a big difference. The bias tires have a rounded sculpture and very small footprint, but the radials have a square shoulder, and flat footprint and that puts more bar on the ground and better traction.

Found the wiring harness adapter for putting an aftermarket stereo in it. Oddly enough the plug that is in the tractor fits a VW car. Weird. Anyway, I found the adapter and Alpine Radio at Best Buy for 109 bucs and it has cd, and aux and USB hook ups. The wiring harness adapter was $20, so I am into it for $130. Need to get the antenna and it should be plug and play, without cutting any factory wiring.