5083E Anybody have one??

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #31  
the best modification we did was move the seats back 4 inches and that made a world of difference.

That's a fantastic idea. After several hours on my 5101 my arms get fatigued from having to reach so far back for the controls. I never even thought of moving the seat.

Now I can't wait to get home tonight and get this done. Thanks for the idea!

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #32  
Congrats on the new tractor. You will love the radials, and your soil will love it too!!

Last edited:
   / 5083E Anybody have one?? #33  
Deere 9986
I was looking at the floor of these tractors, and I have one question. It looks like the knob to adjust the dampning of the three point hitch is in the way of the seat frame. How did you negoitiate around that, and could you post any pics?

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #34  
Yea, I work in the AG industry and know a tire guy that is big in farm tires, and I asked him if he was interested in the bias tires coming off. And he said yes as long as I don't put any hours on them. He wants them as new as possible. So, I am not going to even use it, we are going to change them over after they deliver it to my house. It is going to make a big difference. The bias tires have a rounded sculpture and very small footprint, but the radials have a square shoulder, and flat footprint and that puts more bar on the ground and better traction.

Found the wiring harness adapter for putting an aftermarket stereo in it. Oddly enough the plug that is in the tractor fits a VW car. Weird. Anyway, I found the adapter and Alpine Radio at Best Buy for 109 bucs and it has cd, and aux and USB hook ups. The wiring harness adapter was $20, so I am into it for $130. Need to get the antenna and it should be plug and play, without cutting any factory wiring.

Just ordered my 5083e. Do you have any other info/part number on the radio wiring harness?

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #35  
when I got my 5083e...added the single button air seat base before delivery...kept the non reclining seat std on the 5083e.was told the multi function air seat std on the m series wasnt available for $580.00 difference..I slid the base back to where it touches the 3pt dampening knob base ring...back 3" or so...drilled the 4 holes, added 1" of flat washers to the front 2 bolts to give it a comfortable tilt back and bolted down..takes about an hr...that 3" back and 1" of rear tilt makes alot of difference...

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #36  
I don't remember the wiring harnes number that I used to install my radio, but I know it was for a VW car, and it was square, not retangle.

I ended up moving my seat back by taking the seat off the base. The track that the seats slides on was still on the seat part and it was held on by these little brackets. I reversed all four of the brackets and the seat moved back a long ways. I didn't move the base at all. It seems to be working pretty well.

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #37  
any regrets on the 5083e.... how were the radials for it...

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #38  
I've had a 5083E for about 6 months now and I absolutely love it! It was just about the right compromise between a dedicated Ag tractor, and something I could Afford! I am planning on upgrading my bias tires to radials though! The 563NSL loader is strong, so strong it will easily roll the tractor if your not careful! I think its pretty idiotic that the dealership doesn't set the tires wider from the factory but oh well. Once I did that and added a counterweight, the problem was much less apparrent. :thumbsup:

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #39  
I have had my 5083 limited now for about 5 months.I use mine for primarily an ag row crop tractor.I can tell you it is all I had hoped it would be. It will pull a 15' Longs disk harrow(32-22" disk),16' field cultivator,9 shank chisel plow.Air seat a must have imo....

/ 5083E Anybody have one?? #40  
We have this particular setup with the cab and self leveling loader that the state of Maine purchased on a bid a couple years back primarily to run a Mott flail mower. If it were my money I think I would buy the M-series or go elsewhere. While I like the powerplant from Deere, I'm not crazy about the rest of the machine. Deere is big money compared to others and the controls feel cheap (eg 4 wheel drive levers, loader grip, plastics etc) along with a made in China front end and leaky rear end seals. This unit has 500 hours on it. Massey and New Holland have Carraro axles and ALO OEM loaders at a similar price point. Deutz-Fahr and their Stoll Loaders are sweet too. I much prefer the Deere units that have the Green frames with the Deere Manheim running gear. Don't get me wrong Deere makes some nice equipment but other manufacturers offer some good equipment with better quality components for the same or less money.

Brian