5105 engine surging

/ 5105 engine surging
Thank you Kyle, your prayers are deeply appreciated, for me and our country.

/ 5105 engine surging #23  
Damn man! Get well soon, the tractor can wait. The better half is fond of reminding me that I'm not as young as I used to be. She's right though, it worries me as that silly Toby Keith song gets stuck in my head. Is that a symptom of something? :ROFLMAO:

Good luck!

/ 5105 engine surging #24  
I have 2005 model 5105 that I have had to replace all of the fuel line twice. Whenever I replace the main fuel filter I replace the inline filter too. It is located at the rear of the engine. I have had to replace the fuel tank sending unit on it and it needs replacing again. This can be done from under the tractor, you just have to empty the tank. There is a YouTube video of a guy with a 5102(looks like exact same engine) that explains the workings of the filter and primer system. It's a good video. I have had to bleed the lines on my tractor twice, The first time the dealer did it$$$. The second time I did it. The third time I would crank the tractor and wait and crank again. After about thirty minutes of this the tractor started up. I tried this because my 3005 is self bleeding and that's how it works. Opening the lines is a lot quicker. I had to buy some metric angle head open end wrenches to reach the injectors because they are behind the muffler. Tractor has about 750 hrs. on it.

/ 5105 engine surging #25  
On bleeding. I have a 5210 very similar to the 5105. I cleaned the fuel tank and replaced the fuel and return line. Before starting the job, I turned off the fuel at the fuel filter. After I had everything back together. Since it is a gravity feed system. I filled the tank with fuel. Left the cap off the tank. At the fuel filter, I disconnected the line from the tank waited several seconds for the fuel to come out. Hooked everything back up and the tractor started up. I did not have bleed it.

/ 5105 engine surging
Hey fellas, been awhile so I wanted to stop in and thank everyone again and let you all know what cured the problem in case someone else finds this thread in a web search. thats how I first found the forum.
I changed the filter under the hood and replaced the supply and return fuel lines about a month ago and so far all is well. I don't think the filter had anything to do with the problem but it was cheap and needed so I wouldn't recommend skipping that step and it was a good time to relocate it to make it easier to get to. The problem was cracked fuel lines, mainly the return, it was in terrible shape.
As for the recovery from the horse wreck I would guess it is about 70 percent, I get around pretty normally but hurt everyday and found out during hunting season that my days of all day hikes are over. The horse that stung me is a moody heifer and scared of every bush and while it was a hard decision because I am afraid of what another wreck might cost me skeleton wise I have started riding her again but I can't ride her like she needs because after a couple of days it takes me four or five to be able to get on her again, it makes it easy to get discouraged. She thinks that there is a lion behind every palmetto and I would rather be mounted on a mean horse than a scared one any day of the week. I had another 3 year old to start right behind her but I have decided that I am through with young horses other than the one I had already started. The worst part was having to admit to myself that I just can't do everything I could do 10 or 15 years ago.
This jug head still wants to buck and spook so any prayers sent up would surely be appreciated.
Again, Many Thanks for the kind advice and prayers.
Creek.

/ 5105 engine surging #28  
I know this is an old thread. I have a 2005 5105. You mentioned earlier about some black smoke. Have you checked your air filter? A clogged air filter will cause black smoke. The factory fuel lines disintegrated on mine two years after I bought it. Replaced with Gates Barricade fuel hose. I hope you found the problem.

/ 5105 engine surging
Thanks for the reply, it is much appreciated.
In answer the air filter is probably the most frequently cleaned or replaced thing on the tractor due to the broom sage we are over run with, the feathery blooms are terrible when they get airborne. I guess the black smoke was some how related to the surging issues since I haven't noticed any recently.
Thanks again for the info.