5145 and a ditch bank flail mower

/ 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower
there are two options that i know of:
1. the factory 2nd remote kit.
2. a diverter block where you can have as many outlets as you have space for but only use 1 at a time. the stock control lever controls the remote and you have a switch to select which remote outlet you want to use.
you can also install a W.R. Long 3rd function kit and release the rear remote from operating the 3rd function.
According to the dealer where I bought the tractor a second remote kit is not available.
In reality I can operate only one function at a time, but I dn't want to have to switch hoses to be able to go from one control to another.

/ 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower #12  
I have a 5145 with one set of factory installed rear hydraulic ports. The dealer connected the hydraulic hoses for the Grapple to these ports. It works great.
I now have a ditch bank flail mower. It came with a two lever control valve. One lever has a float function.
My question is; where should I connect to the tractor hydraulic system to get hydraulic fluid to and from the control valve?
I don't want to loose the grapple or loader function while I am operating the flail mower.

Thanks for any help
Mule

I'm not familiar with the 5145 so I don't know if this will help.

I use the 3rd function valve for the grapple to operate my ditch bank flail mower. I don't need to use both the grapple and ditch mower at the same time. I ran hoses from the 3rd function valve to operate the flail and just swap the hydraulic connectors.

P1090133.JPG
P1090132.JPG

P1090130.JPG
P1090131.JPG

My tractor already has 3 rear remotes, two of which are needed for the T&T kit, which leaves just one spare. The flail needs 2, so I used the 3rd function valve to add the fourth.

I had the parts laying around, so I added an extra OEM break away connector body to the stack. It really isn't necessary though, since the hoses could be connected directly to the flail.

/ 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower #13  
I'm not familiar with the 5145 so I don't know if this will help.

I use the 3rd function valve for the grapple to operate my ditch bank flail mower. I don't need to use both the grapple and ditch mower at the same time. I ran hoses from the 3rd function valve to operate the flail and just swap the hydraulic connectors.

View attachment 853775 View attachment 853774
View attachment 853773 View attachment 853784

My tractor already has 3 rear remotes, two of which are needed for the T&T kit, which leaves just one spare. The flail needs 2, so I used the 3rd function valve to add the fourth.

I had the parts laying around, so I added an extra OEM break away connector body to the stack. It really isn't necessary though, since the hoses could be connected directly to the flail.
good lord, do you even use your tractor?
its too shinny, please rub some dirt on it

/ 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower #14  
According to the dealer where I bought the tractor a second remote kit is not available.
In reality I can operate only one function at a time, but I dn't want to have to switch hoses to be able to go from one control to another.
I have 2 rear remotes on my 5145. I should be back home this weekend. I will try to get picture of connections

/ 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower #15  
I am guessing their is possibly no preassembled kit like many manufacturers sell but it sounds like your dealer is lazy and doesn’t want to look up everything needed.

/ 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower #17  
Ah, the weekend warriors. He would curl up in a corner if he saw my tractor right now.
Those pics were taken the day after the dealer delivered it. I wish it still looked that way now.

/ 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower #19  
   / 5145 and a ditch bank flail mower
I have 2 rear remotes on my 5145. I should be back home this weekend. I will try to get picture of connections
Please do that, if you have time.