5E front weight input

/ 5E front weight input #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
I am planning on running my 5093e without the loader for better visibility. I figure I might be missing that weight on the front end. I am going to have the dealer go ahead and install the front weight mount.

Is anybody running front weights on their 5093e?

Any advice?

Thanks,
D.

/ 5E front weight input #2  
I am planning on running my 5093e without the loader for better visibility. I figure I might be missing that weight on the front end. I am going to have the dealer go ahead and install the front weight mount.

Is anybody running front weights on their 5093e?

Any advice?

Thanks,
D.

If you look in the owners manual, section 80, front ballast, you will find JD has system called implement codes. For example an MX7 cutter weighs 1332 lbs. It's implement code is 119. For implement codes 116-129 the manual calls for 8 weights. The MX8 weight is 1670 lbs and for 3pt hitch mount has an implement code of 115. For implement codes 108-117 the manual calls for 6 weights. So it is not entirely by weight, but also how far it hangs off the 3pt hitch.
Long story short you will want weights if you take the loader off.

/ 5E front weight input
Interesting - I dont have the machine yet. I might just get all 10 weights and go from there.

Thanks,
D.

/ 5E front weight input #4  
You will get power hop. If you run empty with 10 weights on the front. I had the same setup except on a 6430 Premium. I took two off and it rode better empty on the road.

/ 5E front weight input
OK - good input. I am sure it will take some timing.

D.

/ 5E front weight input #6  
I will tell you from experience that you need to get a firm price quote on that front weight bracket. I wanted one and the salesman said that he might be able to locate one around the dealership. Later he said that he couldn't find one so he went ahead and ordered one. Said it would be about $250. Not even close! The bracket retails for $373.96. Freight was $12.60. Four mounting bolts were $9.43 EACH, $37.72 total for four. The pin that goes in the bracket was $73.85. I got them to drop the bracket down to $250 but I still had to pay for the freight and the hardware. I decided that I could live without the $73.85 pin since I was mainly using the bracket for a bumper anyway.

I am a John Deere fan but they will hit you hard when they get the chance. Make sure you know what you are getting charged when you order.

I did get a pin that fits the bracket at Tractor Supply for about $9.00. It is a good tow point if I ever need to get pulled out of the bog.

/ 5E front weight input
You got that right - pretty dang expensive. $9 a bolt is what i am paying. Got some other discounts here and there.

I believe it was $106 a weight. I need to go check for sure.

D.

/ 5E front weight input #8  
I will tell you from experience that you need to get a firm price quote on that front weight bracket. I wanted one and the salesman said that he might be able to locate one around the dealership. Later he said that he couldn't find one so he went ahead and ordered one. Said it would be about $250. Not even close! The bracket retails for $373.96. Freight was $12.60. Four mounting bolts were $9.43 EACH, $37.72 total for four. The pin that goes in the bracket was $73.85. I got them to drop the bracket down to $250 but I still had to pay for the freight and the hardware. I decided that I could live without the $73.85 pin since I was mainly using the bracket for a bumper anyway.

I am a John Deere fan but they will hit you hard when they get the chance. Make sure you know what you are getting charged when you order.

I did get a pin that fits the bracket at Tractor Supply for about $9.00. It is a good tow point if I ever need to get pulled out of the bog.

I bought a hitch pin for my frt weight bracket too. As a "just in case" tow hookup point. Later I changed from the std front grill/hood guard to the HD grill/hood guard. I found the hitch pin I had in the weight bracket was too long to remove. When I needed a new battery I pulled the grill/hood guard (no way for me to lift the battery over it) to remove the battery. Luckily I remembered to pull the pin and cut it shorter.

It would not be hard to make the pin for front weights, no way I'd buy one for $74.

The front weight does make a great bumper :D

/ 5E front weight input #9  
Crap! I was hoping you guys would say that bracket was easy to put on and cheap. Oh silly me.
So what is up with this bracket?
4001 Tractor Weight Bracket
or this one...
4005-1 Tractor Weight Bracket
or the ones from these guys
Lonestar Wheel Weights

/ 5E front weight input
I saw that. I noticed the weights dont weight the same.

D.