5E front weight input

/ 5E front weight input #21  
I am planning on running my 5093e without the loader . . .
D.
D.,
Evidently, you made a decision while I was fishing last week! :D (last time I looked, you were trying to pick between a 5M and a 6D)

I've never even considered weights. In all of the years that I've had tractors with FEL's, I've never taken one off. (not suggesting that you have to be like me, just saying)

If your tractor is FWD, that will considerably reduce the need for front ballast.

/ 5E front weight input #22  
I have a 5520, which is an earlier version of yours and I put the starter weight--I think 285 lbs-- on by myself with another small loader and a lot of true grit. Usually I run a loader but for serious things like tillage I have put on up to eight 100 lbs weights. For tillage they help but for all other things are not all that necessary. Worth note is I am running 18.4-34 and 12.4-24 Firestone radials that probably add 300 lbs to the tractor over bias tires.

I don't recall what that pin for the front cost but there is no way I'd pay $70 for it. It's only a grade 8 pin. And for the bolt that goes through them to clamp them together I just used a piece of threaded rod. Works great.

/ 5E front weight input
I really wanted to like the 6d. I could not get pasted the transmission.

I got a deal on. 5093e. I decided it will do what I need.

Waiting on the loader. They don't stock the h260 w the 5 series carrier. Estimated date is 8/30.

D.

/ 5E front weight input
Also it is MFWD. I suspect I will be fine without front weights. I am going to have them put the front weight bracket on but no weights. Two weights on each rear wheel.

D,

/ 5E front weight input #25  
Also it is MFWD. I suspect I will be fine without front weights. I am going to have them put the front weight bracket on but no weights. Two weights on each rear wheel.

D,

D.,
It won't be money wasted if you want the rear weights and front bracket, but I don't think you'll need them. According to the specs, that 5E is only 600# lighter than my 5M. I can handle a full bucket of dirt or 5x6 rolls of hay without anything on the rear. No ballast in the tires, no weights, no attachments. It just doesn't get light. I just can't imagine anything that you would be doing that would require ballast.

Just curious, but do you have ballast on the 5525?

/ 5E front weight input #26  

D,

This is exactly what I have--plus the radials--and have lifted everything I ever tried, and that included some really heavy stuff.

/ 5E front weight input
D.,
It won't be money wasted if you want the rear weights and front bracket, but I don't think you'll need them. According to the specs, that 5E is only 600# lighter than my 5M. I can handle a full bucket of dirt or 5x6 rolls of hay without anything on the rear. No ballast in the tires, no weights, no attachments. It just doesn't get light. I just can't imagine anything that you would be doing that would require ballast.

I have two weights on each rear wheel and it made a huge difference. I cleared acres of cedar trees with it. Piling brush for 100s of hours. The rear weights were a good investment. No additional weight up front.

I never take the loader off my 5525 but I am planning on running the new 5093e without a loader part of the time for sure.

D.

/ 5E front weight input #28  
The front starter weight is also a good bumper and step/platform. You will not regret getting it.

/ 5E front weight input #29  
D.,

I have to be very careful moving a bucket full of clay around (most of our soil is clay once you break through topsoil) It will easily pick the back end off the ground with rim guard in the tires. I have even managed to pick it up with a 1700lb counter weight out back. Hills are tricky business.

/ 5E front weight input #30  
I have to be very careful moving a bucket full of clay around (most of our soil is clay once you break through topsoil) It will easily pick the back end off the ground with rim guard in the tires. I have even managed to pick it up with a 1700lb counter weight out back. Hills are tricky business.

Yep, I understand. A couple of tips, in case you didn't know:
1. Always keep the load uphill, even if it means backing down a slope.
2. Always keep the bucket close to the ground. A lower center of gravity is safer.