60 gallon air compressor

/ 60 gallon air compressor #1  

mechanic

Silver Member
I need to ask you guys about the air compressors that are out there since I let mine go with the house I sold in MIssouri 2008. Mine was a campbell Hausfeld extreme duty it was a good one . Never any trouble of any kind. I want to buy another 60 gallon but I under stand some of these new air compressors have pumps made in China. I want to stay 100% USA made. I have looked at the new campbell hausfeld compressor and they look like they have cheap made pumps. I have been looking at the Ingersol rand compressor but you are talking $700. I need to know what you bought recently so I can compare. I was thinking about the Husky at home depot but again the pump looks a little cheap. Can you give me what you recently bought and what you experienced. Thanks, Also did you leave it on the pallet or bolt it to the floor. I ran mine from a pallet for many years and both compressor never had any trouble with breaks on welds or pump.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #2  
$700 for an IR 60 gallon compressor seems like a very good price to me. back in April I purchased an IR 60g two stage from Northern Tool and it was close to $1,300 - but i think i got free shipping. I purchased one of those hard rubber mats from TSC put the compressor on that then anchored it to in the concrete.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #3  
6.5 HP iron horse from TSC 60 gallon
V-Twin pump
Good for price paid $449+tax
11.9 CFM@90
Left on pallet...can pull out for oil change

/ 60 gallon air compressor #4  
I bought the $400 Husky 60 gal. compressor from HD at least 10 years ago and it's still working just as good as the day I bought it. It will do something like 11 cfm at 90 psi and has so far done everything I need - including inflating my neighbor's tire on his 5 cuyd front end loader. However, my air use is expanding and I've built another shop, I'm debating between getting another one or getting a IR with 18cfm @ 90 psi rating at 2x the price. Die grinders use a lot of air and with 2 people in the shop the 11 cfm may not be enough. It should be possible to parallel the compressors then I'd get 22cfm instead of the 18 - - - :confused2:

/ 60 gallon air compressor #5  
I need to ask you guys about the air compressors that are out there since I let mine go with the house I sold in MIssouri 2008. Mine was a campbell Hausfeld extreme duty it was a good one . Never any trouble of any kind. I want to buy another 60 gallon but I under stand some of these new air compressors have pumps made in China. I want to stay 100% USA made. I have looked at the new campbell hausfeld compressor and they look like they have cheap made pumps. I have been looking at the Ingersol rand compressor but you are talking $700. I need to know what you bought recently so I can compare. I was thinking about the Husky at home depot but again the pump looks a little cheap. Can you give me what you recently bought and what you experienced. Thanks, Also did you leave it on the pallet or bolt it to the floor. I ran mine from a pallet for many years and both compressor never had any trouble with breaks on welds or pump.
As I understand Campbell/Hausfeld is still made in the USA. Ohio I believe.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #6  
I bought the 60 gal IR and that thing is quite and bullet proof. I love the quietness of the compressor.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #7  
I bought the 60 gal IR and that thing is quite and bullet proof. I love the quietness of the compressor.

Quiet is very important... at least to me.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #8  
As I understand Campbell/Hausfeld is still made in the USA. Ohio I believe.

Might want to check the fine print ----- I thought the same thing and bought one of thier cut off tools. As soon as I put the air to it I knew that I'd been had. (No power and a vibration -- POS)
I try to buy American and as Dennis I thought that C/H was built in the states, but after looking through the paperwork I find that it's a MIC.
(made in china)
I will look closer next time

-J.C.-

/ 60 gallon air compressor #9  
Consider the 60 gallon compressor from Lowes. I am happy with mine and I use in in a medium duty home shop. The compressor is made by Coleman in the USA but the motor is made in Mexico.

I think in a global economy, it would be difficult to find anything made 100% on our soil.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #10  
I have an 80 gal Husky I bought at HD a few years ago. Just looked all over it but can't find a single tag that says where its made. There is one welded on tag that says Certified by Campbell Hausfeld and manufactured in 2008. It is possible they make them for HD using the Husky name. It replaced a 20 plus year old 60 gallon compressor bought from Northern Hydraulic (Now Northern Tool). I don't know where that was made either.