60 gallon air compressor

/ 60 gallon air compressor #11  
I bought a 5 HP IR and it's been outstanding. Mine is mounted to the concrete floor with a 3/8" thick rubber pad sandwiched between the base and concrete. Works great.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #12  
Monster5601 I'm not sure that anyone makes electric motors in the good ol USA anymore, at least any under 10HP.

I worked for Westinghouse at a motor manufacturing plant for over 15 years and in the mid 80's they were moving all of their production to Mexico.

I think there were still a few small independent manufacturers making motors in the USA but I believe they have mover off shore as well.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #13  
you need to look at HP and CFM output @ 90PSI also and not just tank size. never buy a single stage that pump's over 125 psi, more than that you want a 2 stage. never buy a large tank oilless compressor and stay away from them all together if it will be used for large air consumption air tool's.

/ 60 gallon air compressor
Do you think that one man could handle taking an IR off the pallet and mount in to the floor by myself?

/ 60 gallon air compressor
Do you think that one man could handle taking an IR off the pallet and mount it to the floor by myself?

/ 60 gallon air compressor #16  
I had to take one up a flight of stairs...

The only way I could do it by myself was to separate it into 3 pieces... tank, motor, pump.

Now, if you only have to get it off the pallet, you should be able to walk it off to progressively thinner blocks... once on the floor, it's not hard to walk a little at a time.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #17  
mechanic,

I don't think one person can move it. They are pretty heavy, and I moved mine with my tractor and two of us moved it into place.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #18  
I bought a Craftsman 60 gallon oil-less several years ago and it still works fine but it is noisy as **ll. Scares the bejesus out of me everytime it kicks on when I forget to flip the switch off (it has a slow leak down that I have not bothered to look for). It doesnt walk around though and is on a two wheel cart for portability. It runs my air tools very well and even an elcheapo paint gun when I needed it. If it ever goes out, I will be looking for a twin cylinder type compressor next time with good cast iron sleeves.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #19  
On December 9, 1998, I bought a 60 gallon Puma V-Twin. The dealer loaded it into my pickup, but when I got home I had to unload and move it into place by myself. I did have a pretty good 2-wheeled dolly. I don't remember what it weighed, but I know it was heavy and I left it on the pallet. I sold it 4 years later when I had to move back to town, and it was pretty good job for my and my brother with that 2-wheeled dolly and some ramps to get it up into the pickup of the guy who bought it.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #20  
you need to look at HP and CFM output @ 90PSI also and not just tank size. never buy a single stage that pump's over 125 psi, more than that you want a 2 stage. never buy a large tank oilless compressor and stay away from them all together if it will be used for large air consumption air tool's.

Bill, I'd agree that a 2-stage would be preferable, but my current 30 gallon "Industrial Air by Coleman Powermate" is a single stage vertical 2-cylinder that kicks on at 125 and off between 150-155 psi. It's used a great deal and sometimes run continuously for pretty long periods of time and has never given me trouble at all. Of course, it only turns 6 years old this month.