60 gallon air compressor

/ 60 gallon air compressor #31  
You guys that bolted your piston compressors to the floor might want to rethink. I had my 15 HP IR twin bolted down with rubber isolator pads between the feet and the floor and the IR tech told be to loosen the anchor nuts. I guess the machines need to flex as they run for better life. I left the studs through the foot holes just not tightened down. Anyway, that's my experience.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #32  
You guys that bolted your piston compressors to the floor might want to rethink. I had my 15 HP IR twin bolted down with rubber isolator pads between the feet and the floor and the IR tech told be to loosen the anchor nuts. I guess the machines need to flex as they run for better life. I left the studs through the foot holes just not tightened down. Anyway, that's my experience.

Mine are floating too... the isolation pads provide a cushion and the ny-lock nuts allow for movement.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #33  
My IR 60 gallon compressor is mounted on rubber but not floating with loose nuts. I expect mine will fail fairly soon as it's been that way for 12 - 15 years. If I loosen the nuts now, the thing might fall apart.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #34  
Buy an Ingersoll Rand ...US made a little pricey but I have had mine for 42 years with only slight repairs.

Actually, IR assembles packages in USA with US tank and motor. But, their compressors were made in India for a number of years, until 2 years ago, when they moved to China. Most everyone builds their compressors in China these days. Quincy is the closest to US made. They buy castings from China, and I believe they machine and assemble them here. Belaire pumps are made in Italy.

Being 42 years old, yours almost surely was made in the good old US of A.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #35  
Actually, IR assembles packages in USA with US tank and motor. But, their compressors were made in India for a number of years, until 2 years ago, when they moved to China. Most everyone builds their compressors in China these days. Quincy is the closest to US made. They buy castings from China, and I believe they machine and assemble them here. Belaire pumps are made in Italy.

Being 42 years old, yours almost surely was made in the good old US of A.

thats the same thing i heard. I actually bought an IR impact gun...very spendy one, and found out it was made in china also.

But it runs great, so what the heck.

I have had my compressor bolted to the ground on isolation pads for about 6 years, and it still runs like a champ. who knows.

I just know im not going to unbolt it hehe.

If and when i replace this unit, it will either be a v-twin compressor or a screw compresor. I need the extra CFM air flow. Im just squeaking by right now.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #36  
thats the same thing i heard. I actually bought an IR impact gun...very spendy one, and found out it was made in china also.

But it runs great, so what the heck.

I have had my compressor bolted to the ground on isolation pads for about 6 years, and it still runs like a champ. who knows.

I just know im not going to unbolt it hehe.

If and when i replace this unit, it will either be a v-twin compressor or a screw compresor. I need the extra CFM air flow. Im just squeaking by right now.

I think IR still assembles impact guns here in the states (or at least some of them). I know AirCat also assembles a number of their air tools in the US. It looks like made in the USA is becoming assembled in the USA.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #37  
I think IR still assembles impact guns here in the states (or at least some of them). I know AirCat also assembles a number of their air tools in the US. It looks like made in the USA is becoming assembled in the USA.

Hmm, well mine is stamped made in china.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #38  
I have got the 220v 3 hp 26 gallon ch extreme duty compressor, it has the same pump and motor as the 60 gallon one, just with a smaller tank. This thing puts out 12 cfm at 90 psi, and is a lot quieter then our old one. 5000 hour rated pump life, so it will last most people a very long time. I am very happy with it, and would highly recomend this or the 60 gallon one. This is a true 3 hp motor, unlike alot of cheep ones, that are rated like shop vacs.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #39  
Hmm, well mine is stamped made in china.

That's a shame. One of the things I liked about IR was they still built stuff in the US. After looking around some it looks like some of their pro models are still put together here but that's about it.

/ 60 gallon air compressor #40  
When I was repairing air tools, nearly all the Ingersoll-Rand, Chicago Pneumatic, as well as Snap-on air tools were clearly stamped "Japan". And of course the MAC, Matco, and Cornwell air tools were nearly all made by Ingersoll-Rand or Chicago Pneumatic.

I was in the Lewisville, TX, Nothern Tool store today and they had 2 of the 60 gallon Puma air-compressors like I had before I moved back to town. And they also had a number of smaller Puma compressors including a V-twin, 20 gallon portable, that looked like the same pump and motor as the 60 gallon compressors.