755 power beyond kit, with pictures

/ 755 power beyond kit, with pictures #11  
Thanks again to KENNY D ! Without your help this would not be possible.

Your are welcome Kevin, and thank you for posting the pictures! It's sure to help someone in the future.:D:D

/ 755 power beyond kit, with pictures #12  
Thanks for posting this thread! I have to put the pb kit onto my 755, and the documentation it came with is only so-so. BTW why are the photos only thumbnail-size when I click to view them? Anyone know?

Now I have to find the transaxle s/n. I guess it is different than the tractor s/n that is on the plate below the rear pto. The transaxle s/n is supposed to be on the top side below the left rockshaft. I don't see it yet.

Last edited:
   / 755 power beyond kit, with pictures #13  
I would say you have the correct kit. Looking at my May 1993 hard copy parts catalog from John Deere, only the very early 755 had transaxles with serial number below 820000. Those early transaxles used kit BM16762. Both show on JD Parts, but I provide my 1993 manual info as reference that everything since at least then uses the kit BM16763 that you ordered. The transaxle serial number on my 1992 tractor is 837xxx.

/ 755 power beyond kit, with pictures #14  
I see you figured out the serial number discrepancy and edited your post. From directly behind the tractor, look just below the left rockshaft arm. There is a small raised boss with the number on it. Probably have to wipe dust off the recessed digits to see them clearly. Bottom line is you have the correct kit. Let us know how it turns out!

/ 755 power beyond kit, with pictures #15  
The first picture shows the plug i removed on right, the one on the left is the new plug to be installed , also shown in the second picture. The third shows how far into the hole you have to put this before you actually catch the smaller threads. Then reinstall the factory outer plug. PS install thread sealer on factory plug.

OK, this does not match up with what I found. So I shot a short video with my digital camera:
YouTube - John Deere 755 power beyond kit: question

Please take a look and see if you can help me figure it out. Thanks!

/ 755 power beyond kit, with pictures
Your in the wrong hole ! Its the allen head cap screw you need to remove up to the left slighly . Call me if need be 845 -222- 6427, i dont normly do this but you in the wrong spot !

/ 755 power beyond kit, with pictures #17  
Well, that explains it. :) The location looked perfect according to the dim photos in the JD instructions.

I'll scurry out to the garage and have a look. If I have any other questions I will post again. Thanks!

You were very close , just a little low ,Keep me posted ! ????

Take out the factory allen screw, put in the new one again it goes in a couple of inches before you catch the threads , then put the factory outer back in with thread sealer to keep it from leaking !

Thats weird i tried those thumb nails too! and they wont open to full size anymore ???