A better way to kill moles and gophers?

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #31  
One old time effective method no longer viable is the flex tailpipe extension from car exhaust to mound…

Friends father said it worked great with his old 1950’s Plymouth…
No longer viable?
Why not?

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #32  
No longer viable?
Why not?
My friend tried it several times with his 2021 Honda and it did nothing.

My guess is new vehicle exhaust is too clean?

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #33  
In part you can thank me and my heathen buddies for inability to buy powerful fireworks now days.
We drilled a hole for fuse in 1.5" pipe ,screwed a cap on pipe,packed it with black walnuts and KA-BOOM we had ourselves a bazooka. Couple pieces of wood and baling wire for handles so one of us could hold and point it while another touched it off. The explosion was so powerful some walnut shells were busted into pieces making an impressive pattern on side of barn along with dents from whole nuts.
Those were the days, pre-nanny state!
Amazing thing is, we all survived to tell the stories, riding bikes with no helmets, playgrounds without padding, riding in the back of the pickup, sometimes falling out!

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #34  

A couple of TBNers with a six pack and 🪛🔧⛏️🪚🔩⚙️ could probably change that in a hurry.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #35  

Interesting, I was under the impression that catalytic converters were mostly for NOx emissions but looks like they change carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide (CO to CO2) as well. Well I suppose the old exhaust tube in through the window suicide method is out...

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #36  
Yep… too clean but never clean enough…

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #37  
I used a trap to catch squirrels and on occasion would catch a skunk. I would through an old blanket over the cage, take it to the driveway and run a vacuum hose from my truck exhaust under the cage, skunk would take a few minutes to fall asleep and for some reason never wake up! 2004 Chev p/u.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #39  
we all survived to tell the stories,
Most of us ... I know of two people locally that were killed by consumer fireworks, one killed by an antique cannon that exploded, and when I was maybe 8 years old I witnessed a neighbor kid pick up what he though was a dud cherry bomb, it went off in his hand and he lost some fingers forever.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #40  
I used a trap to catch squirrels and on occasion would catch a skunk. I would through an old blanket over the cage, take it to the driveway and run a vacuum hose from my truck exhaust under the cage, skunk would take a few minutes to fall asleep and for some reason never wake up! 2004 Chev p/u.
I just let them go in the back yard...