A better way to kill moles and gophers?

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #41  
I haven't seen anyone shooting bottle rockets recently,are they banned? Those will go off under water.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #42  
I haven't seen anyone shooting bottle rockets recently,are they banned? Those will go off under water.

I didn’t know that - that they go off underwater.

I’m going to try that this afternoon.

You can get all the bottle rockets you can buy in Missouri —- if you drive outside the STL city limit.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #43  
Someone needs to scale some landmines for underground rodents.

You could introduce some pythons. I heard Florida started a whole new industry thanks to something like that.

If you get your AI working, may as well go all-in and integrate laser-aimed turrets to do the shooting for you. I'd say just use the lasers, but we're talking about practical solutions.

Of course, you will need to hide the guns since the imports from CA have nearly destroyed your rights in OR. Good luck.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #44  
Last edited:
   / A better way to kill moles and gophers? #45  
Gophers are much easier to get rid of than moles. Gophers will eat the poison pellets and they are done. You can also asphyxiate them with a generator or lawn mower exhaust. Moles to a certain extent too. Moles won't eat anything you put down the hole so you need to watch for them and kill while on the move. Gophers easy / Moles not.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #46  
My next-door neighbor has some sort of sun powered thumper thing that bothers moles And voles, he swears that they work but I’m not sure….

For some reason since he purchased that house, the moles tend to stay on his side of the fence row, and haven’t invaded my side very badly

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #47  
First make sure gophers are not protected where you are because the consequences harming are real.

We have companies locally named gopher guys and go die gopher, that obviously make a lucrative business killing gophers. The species here are not endangered or protected.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #48  
Someone needs to scale some landmines for underground rodents.

You could introduce some pythons. I heard Florida started a whole new industry thanks to something like that.

If you get your AI working, may as well go all-in and integrate laser-aimed turrets to do the shooting for you. I'd say just use the lasers, but we're talking about practical solutions.

Of course, you will need to hide the guns since the imports from CA have nearly destroyed your rights in OR. Good luck.

I’d love to get one of these.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #49  
I let my cats do the work. They love playing outside. I don't know how many rodents they catch, but I think they catch a few. I just hope a neighbor doesn't poison them. Poison a rodent or two, then before it dies, have the cat catch it.

Grandma used to punch the mounds down, then sit a lawn chair in the middle of the yard and wait with the 12 gauge. Apparently it was effective, but took quite a bit of patience.

One old time effective method no longer viable is the flex tailpipe extension from car exhaust to mound…

Friends father said it worked great with his old 1950’s Plymouth…

A neighbor used to use an older 4-wheeler ATV and run the exhaust down the holes. I think it was effective. It probably didn't have the SMOG controls of modern cars.

/ A better way to kill moles and gophers? #50  
My friend used an old lawnmower engine mounted on a dolly. He would roll it out and fill the tank with mix of gas and waste oil. Oil for more smoke. Then put the flexible exhaust tube down the gopher hole and let it run...seemed to work?