A funny call I just got.

/ A funny call I just got.
Don't feel bad. I had a 95 Ford F150. The body was getting bad (rust) but it still looked decent. Had lots of new parts, ran, but the gas tanks were leaking (they had warranty though and could have been changed for free). But I had a new Explorer and didn't want to put any more money in it. So I put it at the end of my driveway with a list in the window of all the new parts in it and listed "any offer- drive away". Had one guy pull up one night and try to steal the grill out of it, then when he seen movement up at the house he took off. Next day I saw a bunch of the screws on the ground. A couple days later another guy comes along. So I go talk to him. He immediately starts arguing with me about the truck has too many miles on it.:confused: I say "hey dumb *****, can you not read. I'm not asking anything for it. You could have had it for free, I was just hoping someone would offer me $50 bucks for the brand new battery I just put in it." I told him to get lost. After a few other phone calls (also arguing with people who thought my free truck had too many miles on it, the same guy shows back up a couple days later and gives me $100 bucks for it. I couldn't believe how stupid some people are. Now when I have something I don't use or need anymore, I just add it to my collection and let it wrot up in my back yard. Too much aggrevation for me dealing with these people.:D

My dad took one of his JD tractors down to local JD dealer on consignment. Every week something was stolen off the tractor. First week it was the gear selector knob, second week it was the gas tank cap and I think the last straw before my dad went and picked up the tractor was when the whole toplink got missing.:mad:

/ A funny call I just got. #22  
I never try to sell anything anymore - too much of a pain. I donate to charitable organizations. They come pick it up, I get a little tax write off, and feel better all the way around.

I drive my vehicles until there is very little value left, or until I'm comfortable that I've gotten my money's worth out of it, so I don't feel I've lost anything.

/ A funny call I just got. #23  
Some people around here are crooks too via ads and stuff. They will see an ad say for a car "Chevelle for $10,000" They will go see it and without buying it put another ad in the paper "chevelle 14,000" and try and flip.

I hate dishonesty!

Um, how is that dishonest? I don't see it.

/ A funny call I just got. #24  
Um, how is that dishonest? I don't see it.

It would be dishonest to try to sell something if you don't even own it :eek:. What if you get a buyer, then call about the chevelle in this example and the real owner has already sold it. You would then have to lie to the prospective buyer and hope they weren't already half way to your house:eek:

/ A funny call I just got. #25  
I do the same thing as NuBota; I run a vehicle until it dies and then call a charity to come get it. No muss, no fuss.

/ A funny call I just got. #26  
Sorry, I was not very clear. I meant that it is dishonest to represent that you own an item and want to sell it when you don't actually own it.

Not a big deal.

/ A funny call I just got. #27  
Eddie, Good story.

Sounds like it all went well. Also sounds like you texans are a frendly group.

word of mouth for a business is the best 'free' advertising..

/ A funny call I just got. #28  
This is funny. I ran an ad on CL for a young goat. He was a real nice looking animal and I was asking a premium price. Some idiot ran a counter ad, using my picture, basically telling me I was stupid for asking so much for the goat that he or she could get a better animal at the auction for a fraction of my price.
Of course, there was no way I could contact the idiot and even if I had I really don't know what I would have said.
End of story, I sold the goat for my price two days later.

/ A funny call I just got. #29  
This is funny. I ran an ad on CL for a young goat. He was a real nice looking animal and I was asking a premium price. Some idiot ran a counter ad, using my picture, basically telling me I was stupid for asking so much for the goat that he or she could get a better animal at the auction for a fraction of my price.
Of course, there was no way I could contact the idiot and even if I had I really don't know what I would have said.
End of story, I sold the goat for my price two days later.
He didn't buy but he still got your goat EH!