A funny call I just got.

/ A funny call I just got. #41  
I have an upright piano I've been trying to give away. No luck. Put an ad in the paper for $100 and got a few phone calls, but nobody is willing to come get it. Sooo... if anyone wants a free upright, come get it!

/ A funny call I just got. #42  
I have an upright piano I've been trying to give away. No luck. Put an ad in the paper for $100 and got a few phone calls, but nobody is willing to come get it. Sooo... if anyone wants a free upright, come get it!

i saw that. i would have thought it would have sold pretty fast. i have no musical talent, so it would be no use for me since i would never play the thing. if you find a buyer, let me know and i'll come help you deliver the thing to them. i only ask that you let me take your 5425 for a spin around your farm so i can live in fantasy land for a few mins.:D

/ A funny call I just got. #43  
i saw that. i would have thought it would have sold pretty fast. i have no musical talent, so it would be no use for me since i would never play the thing. if you find a buyer, let me know and i'll come help you deliver the thing to them. i only ask that you let me take your 5425 for a spin around your farm so i can live in fantasy land for a few mins.:D

I'll do better than that! I'll fill up the tank, put the rotary mower on, and point you to the nearest field. :D I'm sure you could kill a few hours or more.

/ A funny call I just got. #44  
I'll be right over! ;) Just kidding.
I bought a Lowrey console organ for $20 a few years back. Repaired it and played it for a while then gave it to the Salvation Army. Heavy instruments like a piano are a real commitment, much more difficult to deal with.

/ A funny call I just got. #45  
I'll do better than that! I'll fill up the tank, put the rotary mower on, and point you to the nearest field. :D I'm sure you could kill a few hours or more.

you got a deal! i'm just getting into the bush hogging mood as i've started working on my fields. i could REALLY get in the mood with a cab tractor with 80 horses:D

/ A funny call I just got. #46  
I bought a 3/4 ton PU w/plow from work after the plow guy cooked the tranny in it trying to push 3 1/2 ft of snow in high range ,all I needed was the plow so I took it off and parked the truck next to my shop ,guy shows up wanting to by the truck told him tranny was NG and windshield was cracked engine ran strong body and frame was in VG shape had posi and 4 wd drive were all good. sold him the truck for $100. Not the end of story shows up about 2 weeks later starts crying about having to spend $125 for a windshield ,about a month after he's back crying about tranny that he paid
$400 to have it rebuilt and he only went about 1/2 mile down the road and the tranny blew again.
Still not over yet he took it back to the guy who rebuilt it and had him rebuild it again and he got charged again and I heard from him again this time it went 2 mi down the road before it let go again.I did not hear from him for a long time but a friend of his told me that the pulled that tranny out 7 times and the guy that worked on the tranny told him that I must have taken parts out of the tranny that's why he could not fix it.as far as I know a reputable transmission shop would have charged $900-1000 to fix it with a warranty. I heard that he gave the guy about $1500 and it still wasn't fixed.

/ A funny call I just got.
I bought a 3/4 ton PU w/plow from work after the plow guy cooked the tranny in it trying to push 3 1/2 ft of snow in high range ,all I needed was the plow so I took it off and parked the truck next to my shop ,guy shows up wanting to by the truck told him tranny was NG and windshield was cracked engine ran strong body and frame was in VG shape had posi and 4 wd drive were all good. sold him the truck for $100. Not the end of story shows up about 2 weeks later starts crying about having to spend $125 for a windshield ,about a month after he's back crying about tranny that he paid
$400 to have it rebuilt and he only went about 1/2 mile down the road and the tranny blew again.
Still not over yet he took it back to the guy who rebuilt it and had him rebuild it again and he got charged again and I heard from him again this time it went 2 mi down the road before it let go again.I did not hear from him for a long time but a friend of his told me that the pulled that tranny out 7 times and the guy that worked on the tranny told him that I must have taken parts out of the tranny that's why he could not fix it.as far as I know a reputable transmission shop would have charged $900-1000 to fix it with a warranty. I heard that he gave the guy about $1500 and it still wasn't fixed.

Somethings are better left broken. Sounds like the truck is retired. :D