A RED John Deere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / A RED John Deere? #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I believe Yanmar is a stock owned company. As such anybody could buy a share JD or Joe Blow. )</font>

Thats what I thought. A dealer told me that Deere owns 49% and the only reason they don't have 100% is that Japan Will not allow any company outside of Japan to own more than 49%

/ A RED John Deere? #12  
But then again the same dealer told me the rear axle on a 4310 was NOT aluminum.

/ A RED John Deere? #13  
I don't think I have ever seen any motorized vehicle, be it a tractor or on-road vehicle with aluminum axles.

Sure you don't mean the housing??

Aluminum, alloyed with other metals can be made very strong, but from a machining standpoint it would be cost prohibitive.

I'd like to have titanium alloy axles, but I'd have to machine them myself!!

/ A RED John Deere? #14  
<font color="blue">I believe Yanmar is a stock owned company. </font>
I searched the NYSE, NASDAQ, Amex and Tokyo exchanges for 'Yanmar' and got no hits. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ A RED John Deere? #15  
i have never heard of any rule, not allowing foriegners to own more than 49% of a company in japan. but from a business standpoint that makes alot of sense. if you sell more then 49% of your business its not your bus. anymore is it? it also seem unlikely that jd owns 49 percents of yanmar, since that would mean that jd is the only invester in the company besides the family that started it. as well it would mean that if the yanmar sold any stock before jd came along in japan that jd would have control of the company. and since i am pretty sure that yanmar has been around for quit some time and is part of one of the 7 kiretzu (sp?) that would mean that there are many other companies that have intrest in yanmar, which to me would say that there is no way that jd has that much power in yanmar.

ofcouse i would be wrong, but after studying business in japan for 3 years, i never came across this law, unless they were keeping it from me!

/ A RED John Deere? #17  
I know for a fact American held companies are now starting to buy Banks in Japan.
So I do not think your 49% max ownership is valid.

I know for a fact Ripplewood holdings in the US is the 1st foreign company to buy a bank in Japan.
The problem of failed banks is also being resolved. Ripplewood Holdings of the U.S. has taken over the former Long-Term Credit Bank of Japan, which it has named Shinsei ("Rebirth") Bank. Another bankrupt lender, Nippon Credit Bank, was reborn as Aozora ("Blue Sky") Bank Sept. 4 after it was sold to a consortium led by Japanese Internet giant Softbank. A third insolvent institution, Tokyo Sowa Bank, will be taken over by U.S.-based Asia Recovery Fund. Japan's business community is in for more shocks. Shinsei Bank's American owners have refused to forgive $1.9 billion in loans to major department store Sogo. The government decided to take on these obligations, but a public uproar forced it to back down. Sogo has declared bankruptcy.

/ A RED John Deere? #18  
I don't know about the JD and Yanmar ties, but I believe that Ford now owns Mazda.

/ A RED John Deere? #20  
Bet that most people don't know that the US is one of the very few that allows farm land to be owned by foreigners. Most countries around the world restrict farm land purchases to their Nationals only. the Junkman

Status
Not open for further replies.