A rollover scraper with minimum

/ A rollover scraper with minimum #31  
I am just amazed that I can watch a guy build an excellent piece of equipment on his front deck in POLAND while someone in HOLLAND advises and comments while I sit here in the US in my little state of Indiana.

/ A rollover scraper with minimum #33  
Berniep said:
I am just amazed that I can watch a guy build an excellent piece of equipment on his front deck in POLAND while someone in HOLLAND advises and comments while I sit here in the US in my little state of Indiana.

Same here in South Georgia, USA . You know if the world was run by farmers maybe it would be entirely a different and I know a much better place.

Keep up the Good work

/ A rollover scraper with minimum #34  
jsborn said:
You know if the world was run by farmers maybe it would be entirely a different and I know a much better place.

We had a preacher from our sister church in Zimbabwe visiting... It has nothing to do with Mike's scraper, but i thought of this because of your comment: Mugabe is parasiting on his country, and after he got in trouble, he blamed it on the (white) farmers. The farmers were banned, and black city slickers with no knowledge of farming (all folks that l*ck Mugabe's butt) were appointed to the farms. Our friend told us that the country is quickly running towards bankruptcy, food is allmost unaffordable, and the newspaper wrote last week that by the end of this year, and even more next year, zimbabwe will have a hunger problem as big as countries that are less developed.
The bible says, "blessed is a country with a king who loves agriculture"
zimbabwe is the living proof. long live the farmers :) (and pray for the people of zimbabwe)

/ A rollover scraper with minimum
BTDT said:
Mike, great job on the fabrication. Looks like a real timesaver, too. Nothing like a "multi-tool" for the tractor. Do you find that you wished you had of made it bigger/smaller, does your tractor handle it ok?

Thanks BTDT. I have not had an opportunity to use it much yet, only about 1.5 hours. I have never used one before so there is a learning curve for me too. I did some leveling of my yard and smoothed over a few holes that the dogs dug, and smoothed out the driveway, but have not had an opportunity attack a new territory. I have some work at church to do, maybe this week if I can get my administration stuff done.:p

I have found that the width is very good. I cannot come even close to filling the blade before I run out of traction. I have sand here and if I just drop it it wil dig in, so that in only a few feet I can no longer pull it. I have to be ready from the start to work it up and down so that I can keep moving with a maximum load. I have 2 problems: 1) my tractor is not very well balanced. I do not have any weight on the front and I need it and 2) the ag tires dig into the sand very fast which pushes the blade deeper etc. If I had weight on the front and different tires I think that it would behave like a different machine. I hope to correct the weight problem, but the tire situation is a no go at least for this year.

i will let you know better as I play with it a bit before I paint it.

Mike in Warsaw

Defective said:
Even more amazing...he drives a van just like mine! :cool:

1997 VW Transporter with a 1.9 turbo diesel engine and 5sp trany? I really like our van. I have been very impressed in the year that I have owned it. :)

Renze, Amen!

Mike

/ A rollover scraper with minimum #37  
Mine's a '92 with a 2.5l gas engine. Other than that, basically the same van. Hauls a load or a family. Handles like a dream. If I ever manage to wear it out, I want the diesel version!

/ A rollover scraper with minimum #38  
great Job Mike, do you have any sketches you could share, have to make one now to save changing time switching

Laurence

Defective said:
Mine's a '92 with a 2.5l gas engine. Other than that, basically the same van. Hauls a load or a family. Handles like a dream. If I ever manage to wear it out, I want the diesel version!

I am so impressed with that 1.9l turbodiesel. It starts easily, has good power and is VERY economical (at $5+ per US gal it needs to be) at about 30 mpg running around. I have owned diesel cars since we have been in Poland (13 years) and it is the best that I have had.

Mike

/ A rollover scraper with minimum #40  
MJPetersen said:
I am so impressed with that 1.9l turbodiesel. It starts easily, has good power and is VERY economical (at $5+ per US gal it needs to be) at about 30 mpg running around. I have owned diesel cars since we have been in Poland (13 years) and it is the best that I have had.

Mike

I have a Volvo 850 TDI with the 2.5 liter 5 cylinder TDI, known from the Volkswagen Transporter ;)