A White Christmas Came Early

/ A White Christmas Came Early #31  
Those Easterners are rubbing it in . Tomorrow they will not be driving around in no convertible . Temperature in SE MI is 12 F this morning. :eek:
To cold for even crazy people to drive with the top down. :D

/ A White Christmas Came Early #32  
Yup some thing's in the air today, just opened the door to let the cat out and man that air felt like winter snow. Just cloudy now but should start later this afternoon, weatherman said it's the same system that went thru Texas and that it is a hard storm to figure out, many dif computer models.
Let the snow removal posts begin :)

We had record high temp Thursday of 67, broke a record from the 1930's. record low for that day was 5 also from the 30's

/ A White Christmas Came Early #33  
To all you folks in Texas: God just wanted you to have an appreciation for what many of us have to live through for four to six months of every year. :D

/ A White Christmas Came Early #34  
About 3" of the white stuff on the ground this morning... temps to dip down to 18 degrees tonight. I need to teach my daughter (age 17) how to drive in snow using gears and not brakes... run red lights if no other traffic at intersections and stay away from hills.

mark

/ A White Christmas Came Early #35  
I swept around one to two inches off of my truck this morning here in south central KY. I had a nine am appointment to pick up a load of sawdust about 15 miles away. Being that I was out of sawdust and have the weekend off, I really needed to get it otherwise, I would not have ventured out.

The ground temps had mostly melted the snow off of the road but what was there was slicker than, well, snot. Good thing I only had about five miles of it until I hit a more well traveled road that was mostly just wet. My empty FL70 with the trailer is pretty much tractionless.

I tell people that I moved here from the northeast to get away from the cold and snow somewhat but when we do get a dusting that I should have kept on going. Watching the Weather Channel talking about Texas and all, I guess that blows that idea.

/ A White Christmas Came Early #36  
I have to agree with JD4310-- this morning sure felt like snow.... Well, IT"S HERE NOW.....:eek:

Wasn't supposed to get here --maybe-- until tonight, but it started snowing in earnest around 1:30 this afternoon. I now have almost 2", still coming down.

This is the chickens' first snow-- they're keeping huddled up under the coop.

This time, it feels like it'll stick around....

Attachments

• 12:5:09-1.JPG
    12:5:09-1.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 12:5:09-2.JPG
    12:5:09-2.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 46
   / A White Christmas Came Early #37  
The Texas snow made it onto our evening TV news tonight!:p

/ A White Christmas Came Early #38  
Those Easterners are rubbing it in . Tomorrow they will not be driving around in no convertible . Temperature in SE MI is 12 F this morning. :eek:
To cold for even crazy people to drive with the top down. :D

You say that but you've never seen the little kids from Quebec swimming in the wonderful 62 deg ocean in S. Maine. I guess as long as they don't see ice floes, they call it a summer day at the beach :D
Dave.

/ A White Christmas Came Early
Well, we did actually have a white Christmas this year with dangerously slick icy roads. It made for a dangerous trip of nearly 32 miles to our daughter's house Christmas Day, but we made it. Spun out once, but never left the paved road as 39 others we saw had done. Then it all melted except for a few places in the shade that never get any sun. I saw just a few small patches of snow this morning.

And today it started raining here about 1:30 p.m. and now for the past hour or so, we've getting a heavy snow again. At least they've changed the forecast to a low of 33 tonight, which is what they're showing the temperature to be right now. Let's hope the NWS is right with that forecast because I have to try to get my wife to an oral surgeon appointment a little over 30 miles from here by 9:30 a.m. tomorrow and I hope we don't have a real freeze again.

/ A White Christmas Came Early #40  
... At least they've changed the forecast to a low of 33 tonight, which is what they're showing the temperature to be right now. Let's hope the NWS is right with that forecast because I have to try to get my wife to an oral surgeon appointment a little over 30 miles from here by 9:30 a.m. tomorrow and I hope we don't have a real freeze again.

Bird, I don't know why or how, but it's been 33*F here all day and snowing to beat the band! I thought over freezing it should rain?? :confused: