Additional lights on 2305 ROPS

/ Additional lights on 2305 ROPS
I hadn't thought of that, Gator. I'll see if I can find some! I'm also having wiring problems since the wires and bolts go through the same pre-drilled hole in the rops. Any ideas?

John Deere 2305 w/ 200CX FEL & quick hitch power broom.

/ Additional lights on 2305 ROPS #32  
I'm also having wiring problems since the wires and bolts go through the same pre-drilled hole in the rops. Any ideas?

Yeah, move the wires!

/ Additional lights on 2305 ROPS #33  
gator is describing nylock nuts which is a good choice, available at any hardware store. I can't visuallize what is going on with the wires but any of these should protrude through the rops without a chance for pinching. If you need a new hole for the wire to pass through the rops might make it big enough to fit a rubber grommet.

/ Additional lights on 2305 ROPS
Ahh...see, the bolt goes from the lights, through the bottom hole with the wires beside it, then out the top hole, while the wires stay inside the rops. I didn't dare drill a second hole for wires because I thought it would weaken the rops. Is a small hole for wires ok to drill? That would be ideal!!

/ Additional lights on 2305 ROPS #35  
Ahh...see, the bolt goes from the lights, through the bottom hole with the wires beside it, then out the top hole, while the wires stay inside the rops. I didn't dare drill a second hole for wires because I thought it would weaken the rops. Is a small hole for wires ok to drill? That would be ideal!!

That's exactly what I did for mine. That extra hole won't hurt anything, but either put some flexible conduit around the wire where it goes into the ROPS, or put a rubber grommet in the hole to avoud chafing the wire.

Sent from my LGL35G using TractorByNet

/ Additional lights on 2305 ROPS #36  
I drilled mine as well, two small 1/4" holes will be OK. If you looked at the older post I linked above you'll see that I drilled mine a few times.