Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !!

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #11  
Heating with wet wood is about as useful as pissing up a rope. Creosote is not your friend.

Do not look into the barrel of anything under pressure to see what is plugging it.

Do not trust safety guards on saws.

Do not let latex paint freeze.

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #12  
Never piss into the wind

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #13  
#10 - When traveling in cold rainy (or snow) weather, slow down when approaching a bridge and do NOT hit your breaks while on the bridge (there is a reason why bridges have signs stating that the bridge will freeze first).

#11 - When rounding a snow covered curve on the road, even 4 wheel drive may not help you if you do not slow down. The vehicle can still slide on packed snow if not traveling in a straight line.

#12 - 4 wheel drive has no effect on breaking and or on ice.

# 13 - if building a potato gun, always use primer before using glue on PVC.

Last edited:
   / Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #14  
Never pat a porcupine .
Don 't spill gravy on your white shirt .
Don 't wear white shirts while eating gravy .
Power boats have no brakes .

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #15  
My mama said always wear clean underwear in case you have a wreck. Never understood that. Them underwear are going to get soiled during the wreck.

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #16  
My mama said always wear clean underwear in case you have a wreck. Never understood that. Them underwent are going to get soiled during the wreck.

Not to mention if there are any important injuries, they are going to cut those things off of you anyway.

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #17  
My mama said always wear clean underwear in case you have a wreck. Never understood that. Them underwear are going to get soiled during the wreck.

During my Navy days I approached a group (gaggle?) of Sick Bay Tiffies (Medics) and asked them if they ever checked for clean underwear. They said that they didn't, nor did the nurses or Doctors. I then said to them, "So our Mothers have been lying to us, all these years."

I walked away... shaking my head in disappointment. :eek:ath:

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #18  
Cats love toilet paper that comes off the front of the roll.

Navy boot camp the crusty old chief made us put rolls on with paper coming down the back. If he found one on the other way we were fishing it out of the bowl. So; the above makes sense at: "Always run toilet paper down the wall side."

/ Advice from the voice of EXPERIENCE !! #20  
After doing a rebuild, check all your fluids, then check them again, them step back and take a look at the egnine and imagine every fluid it takes to make the engine function. I might have forgot to fill the radiator on a car once after a restoration.