Advice needed and appreciated.

/ Advice needed and appreciated.
Frank i plan to buy a trailer when i get a tractor. already have truck 04 F350 PSD

/ Advice needed and appreciated. #22  
Check out the WantAdvertiser. There are a lot of deals in there somtimes under farm equipment if you could get by with a used machine.

thanks jim already looking in want ad.

/ Advice needed and appreciated. #24  
I just noticed you live in a bordering town, I am in Winchester.
What kind of stumps are you trying to remove? I have several friends living in your area and the trees range from big oaks and pines to over grown fields.

If you have large oak stumps to remove you better buy a large bull dozer. I had several maple stumps dug out with a Case 580 backhoe and he had problems when they got over 14" diameter.

The ground where I live is hard pan and it is amasing how strong a small root can be. Digging trenches can be easy of difficult depending on the soil, some parts of Richmond area gravel and some are ledge and stone.

Logging can be a challenge as Richmond has some pretty steep hills, once again it depends on your part of town. A friend who lived off RT. 119 did somew logging with an old International pickup and it was hard going.

So, where in town are you.

Randy

hey nieghbor i am right on 119 myself by mounument rd. most of the stumps/trees (not stumps yet) will be in the 8-14" with some biggger and it is all hardwood (mostly red oak) with some hemlock trown in. i quess that is something i should have mentioned that there are 2 directions in this area up or down.

/ Advice needed and appreciated. #26  
PSDF350,
As you know red oak stumps are no joke when the roots are firmly planted in our rocky soil. I smile when people from other parts of the country talk about stumping being difficult and post a picture of a stump and there is not a rock any larger than a foot ball anywhere to be found.
I am in central Ma. and have a 4320 48HP JD with their 448 hoe. If you would like to come down and see the stumps that I have dug or wait untill thaw and come down and dig some your self you would be welcome. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Advice needed and appreciated. #27  
<font color="blue">"jastn70 you seem like you spend some time in the wooods doing what if i may ask" </font> I have been logging and clearing about 12 acres the last year or so

/ Advice needed and appreciated. #28  
So, you are at or near the top of the stretch of road they call heartbreak hill. That is pretty steep country around there. My friend lived on the other side of town on 119 next to the Benidictine Center, one of the reasons he moved. He logged off about 3000 BF of red oak which I milled into lumber and he made into flooring for the house he built. Another friend lives just about a mile esat of the Four Corners store on 119, and another is on the Fish Hatchery Road.

I am just about two miles out of the center of Winchester on the other side of the river and railroad tracks. I have cleared a couple of acres trying to make pasture land and I know what it is to dig stumps out by hand. I have a Farmi winch on a 30 hp Kubota to move logs for lumber and firewood which works quite well.

There are some areas I just will not go because of the steepness of the hills around here. Whatever tractor you end up with get one with the widest wheel base and lowest center of gravity you can. My Kubota is very handy when it comes to moving snow.

Randy

Biggary i hear ya about the rocky soil we have here (dont call it the Granite state for nothing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif thank you for the invite it is much appreciated.

youare i live between mounument and fish hatchery which puts me very close to your friends. by the way what do you charge for milling. Snow what Snow /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Advice needed and appreciated. #30  
I have a Kubota L3130 Gst, its a clutchless shuttle shift on the column if your not familur. I am a landscaper & also do light excavation work with it. This machine does it all however sometimes you do need patience but for the money you cant go wrong & its in your price range. I have a BH90 hoe, la723 loader with quick detach (skid steer) mounted 72" heavy duty bucket & some other things as well. I back filled a 3000 sg ft foundation in sept with it.