Advice on repair bill....

/ Advice on repair bill.... #31  
I consider myself to possess great forum skills when it comes to knowing that I have to take everything with a grain of salt until I know its coming from a good source. Early on when I would see your posts they were the posts I took to be fact. When I would post a new update or question I would come home hoping to see that you had posted in the thread. Not to say everyone else was giving bad advice, but I KNEW I could trust what you said. Part of the reason they didnt take longer to trouble shoot and I didnt have a higher bill was because when I dropped it off I told them that "several people" who had looked at it told me that it HAD to be in the WPRV

:thumbsup: The Swede sure does know his stuff!!!!!

/ Advice on repair bill.... #32  
futuresweets10, said he had the valve rebuilt. What did they actually do. Did they put the valve on the bench, and test it. Did they notice the work port relief were acting up. Apparently not, because they returned it to him and he installed, and it still didn't work. So he may be able to seek a refund from the original re-builder based on Cat's diagnostics . We are talking about one pro mechanic against another pro mechanic, and that being, perhaps a Cat certified technician. You just don't let people take advantage of you. Normally, people want answers for things that they paid for, and not fixed. The original guy may not even have tested the unit, or if he did, mis-diagnosed the problem, thinking that if he rebuilt the valve, it would fix things, which it didn't. That caused a real big headache for futuresweets10
He has a right to be pis*ed off.

My point was that you are encouraging someone to sue a repair shop based on unknowns. The problem had yet to be resolved. A far as we know, the first repair shop was not given an opportunity to correct any mistakes made.

/ Advice on repair bill.... #33  
I just got the machine back from the shop, and the problem was in the valves. I was right from the start. I took the advice of many on here on how to test the cylinder and it tested good, so I had the valves re-done. The first shop DID miss something in the valves. The ONLY mistake I made in trouble shooting was rebuilding the cylinder knowing that it tested good when I tested it

Good grief. As long as you're happy with the outcome, that's all that matters.

/ Advice on repair bill.... #34  
futuresweets10

Quote:

$300.00

"gulf hydraulics" will repair the machine on site at not charge to me or I will take them to small claims court.

If you still have your receipt, I would try and set up a meeting with the boss of the company, Gulf Hydraulics, and explain things with a cool head. Bring the paper work from the Cat dealer in case he wants to see the results. If you are nice enough and he feels Christin enough he may offer a partial refund. If the out come is not to your liking, then kindly inform him of pending court action. A statement from the cat technician would be advantageous.

/ Advice on repair bill.... #35  
I get what you guys are saying, but I just dont follow the logic. I seem to be getting the advice that since heavy equipment is expensive to repair and since most people need it repaired at all costs its okay for the guy to rip me of or over charge.

The logic is that things cost what they are worth. In the world of heavy equipment and business assets, it is worth a lot to keep them in service. If you do not share that value, then the cost will seem like a rip off. For all of their other customers the same price is a bargain.

/ Advice on repair bill.... #36  
I can see heavy equipment repair cost 100-150$ per hour....thats ok....bu qouting/using/charging for 12hrs on a 6hr job.....I cant deal with...:mad:
If they need 12hrs for that job.....then they do not have properly trained HYDRAULIC TECH's, and they should not charge that high....so you get what you pay for....maybe 87$/per hr was for inexperienced tech's....(harbor freight tool box)