AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #62  
A comment: Have you noticed how, about a year ago, that the buzz word became climate change rather than global warming. I had the reaction that the AGW gurus were preparing to swing the other way if AGW blew up in there faces. Some have already made the switch from coming ice age to AGW when they could not get traction for coming ice age.

Governments love AGW since it gives them a beautiful excuse for more taxes. And controls on people. Do I dare mention "Public Option Health Care"

Vernon

There is a scientific theory which supports global warming causing an Ice Age. It has to do with the ocean currents being altered by the introduction of large amounts of fresh water coming from melting glaciers and ice sheets. This affects the salinity and therefore density of the ocean water. Upsetting the relative density could cause the standard ocean currents and global heat distribution to be altered.

Do I dare mention private insurance companies spend about 67% of the premiums they collect on actual health care? There are legions of stockholders and CEO's getting wealthy every time we get sick. It's a great system, one we can be proud of.

Wouldn't be great if we could have the old days back? Pay the doctor cash when you visit him. Since the invention of so many medical procedures and devices - all of them very expensive of course - it just isn't workable to hand over a salt-cured ham, crock of butter and a dozen eggs to pay for your bypass surgery. :)
Dave.

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #63  
Why is change automatically bad????

It isn't automatically 'bad'. It represents a risk that we don't know how to quantify or amend in this case. It isn't smart to roll the dice if your life is the bet.
Dave.

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #64  
I don't think empiricism matters in all circles Dave. I'm going to turn up the radio on this one before the BP goes up.

Chances are I'll be dead before anything real serious happens anyway.

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #65  
There is a scientific theory which supports global warming causing an Ice Age. It has to do with

Covering Your &^$$ ;)

That and being a 'Global Warming Expert' only pays with temps on the way up... being a 'Global Climate Change Expert' pays both ways :D

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #66  
Mars? I don't live there. What's that got to do with anything? The core issue is - can the biological elements we depend on for life on Earth continue to support us in the face of rapid climate change? That's the only question that is relevant at this point - unless you know of an all-night diner on Mars :D - not fact-checkers, Al Gore et al.

Umm, well, just maybe the one thing in common with the 2 planets is the cause, the sun! Didn't think I had to explain it, seemed kinda obvious.

Remember the first Gulf War when these same scientists claimed all the oil field fires would cause a "nuclear winter" and it never happened? Let's see, let me buy a white jacket and put a pencil protector in my pocket and I can be a scientist too.

Okay, I'm a betting man. I put the over/under on this thread being closed at 8 more posts. Anyone game?

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #67  
Umm, well, just maybe the one thing in common with the 2 planets is the cause, the sun! Didn't think I had to explain it, seemed kinda obvious.

Remember the first Gulf War when these same scientists claimed all the oil field fires would cause a "nuclear winter" and it never happened? Let's see, let me buy a white jacket and put a pencil protector in my pocket and I can be a scientist too.

Okay, I'm a betting man. I put the over/under on this thread being closed at 8 more posts. Anyone game?

That that the sun goes through cycles is stating the obvious. Unless you can accurately predict the sun's climate changing cycles and also predict what and when will actually happen on earth, it doesn't go beyond stating the obvious.

NaH - I've said all I have to say.
Dave.

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #68  
I don't think empiricism matters in all circles Dave. I'm going to turn up the radio on this one before the BP goes up.

Chances are I'll be dead before anything real serious happens anyway.

Hi Keegs,
If we are lucky, that will be the case. I do wish those pundits who can see invisible glaciers would stick around for the end game however :D:D
Dave.

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #69  
I might get this thing closer to closure with what I'm about to say. Yes, it's politics. Seems like everytime politic$ gets involved it's bound to be bad. Now, the greed of money and power has caused doubt in the minds of people when it comes to research in science. Another example of bad eggs in the dozen. Power and greed are "powerful" things. Politics and the political news media make it easy. I will say that being conservative and watchful is a good thing but keep politics and the money grubbers out of it.

I'm not one to say, "I told you so" but Climategate makes it tempting.:rolleyes:

Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.