AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #71  
   / AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #72  
Hi Keegs,
If we are lucky, that will be the case. I do wish those pundits who can see invisible glaciers would stick around for the end game however :D:D
Dave.

Hi Dave,

There's an interesting theory put out by a guy named George Lakoff about the difference between conceptual and metaphorical thought on the one hand and empericism on the other. Lakoff is (or at least was) a cognitive science professor (linguist) at Berkeley.

He's on youtube. I think the video is entitled "Moral Politics".

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #74  
Does anyone remember the global cooling scare? What happened to that whatever we did to reverse it we had better put it back like it was.
As far as the insect thing that keeps coming up That has moved across the globe from the eastern countries most of your active ports are in the south so where would a migration go North. The ALB also came into the port of NY,Today its CO2 tomorrow it will be something else whatever they want to make money on.
The truth of the mater is that the the population is just getting to large and we are using up all of the resources air,water,food ,fuel,etc

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #75  
Do you really think a site named globalwarminghoax will provide an unbiased view? The graphs on the page show one thing for sure, global temps rising. Does it really matter if they rise consistently in a straight line? I don't think so.
<snip>
Dave.

Do you really think that any media that supports the AWG agenda will provide accurate information AGAINST AWG? I don't watch network tv news anymore since it is ignorant at it's, best propaganda at it's worst. I have read, but cannot verify since I no longer watch, that Climate gate has not been mentioned on ABC, CBS, or NBC. I would like to know if that is true or not.

And yes it does natter if the graph is correct. Go back to my link and see how the ClimateGate people manipulated the data to provide the graph they wanted. This is not the first time AGW supporters have manipulated the data. By getting rid of the rise and fall of the temperature it makes their graph look even more alarming. And of course it is a lie to manipulate the data.

Around 1800 New England had snow on the ground in the summer months two years in a row. People had to leave or stay and starve. Greenland when found by the Vikings was indeed GREEN. The bones in the trash heaps at Viking settlements show that the people were eating large and medium size grass eating mammal when the arrived. Over time the size and numbers of bones decreased showing that the grass went away as the snow/ice moved in. The Vikings did not adapt to the changing climate and had to migrate or stay and starve.

Obviously if it was cold then it had to get warm again.

People actually believe that eating meat causes AGW because of the animals farting and producing green house gases. If this is true, why did we not have GW when the plains of Africa, Europe, Asia and North America were full of herds of animals that took days to pass a given spot. In my rural area there are danged few farting and belching animals compared to the number of deer in the front yard. I guess I better shoot Bambi for farting and causing GW.

Buying solar cells made in Japan and shipped to the US is a rather large contention point regarding energy usage, being Green and AGW. Is it really correct to build a solar cell which takes a lot of energy in a country that has to import most of its energy and then ship that product around the world? Was the production of the cell really GREEN? I have read that the amount of energy consumed to create a solar cell is more than the energy produced in the lifetime of he cell. Hope what I read is not true...

There was an article in the Wall Street Journal last night about a man who has given away hundreds of millions of dollars to various groups over the last few years. The gifts have been anonymous but he outed himself and told the groups that he would not be able to give as he has in the past because of his heavy investments in green companies has not gone well.

Later,
Dan

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #76  
climatologists, the media and governments around the world are conspiring against the truth!!!!....:D:D:D:D

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #79  
In the interest of killing more time this afternoon, let me propose that folks find data/proof, (not opinions) that support the idea we can put all the CO2, methane, etc. we want into the atmosphere - with no ill effects.

After all, if so many are sure global warming caused by carbon release is a hoax, there must be many scientists working away to prove unlimited carbon release by a growing and developing population is no issue. Let's say a global population that releases per capita, the same as here in the USA, for the next 100 years. I'm sure they must have published something somewhere.

Dave.

/ AGW-Anthrogenic Global Warming #80  
I submit the fact that the year 1934 is still recorded as the hottest, with CO2 levels below what they are today.

What caused this Dave?

Could it have been the sun?

Or an extra large buritto induced gas release?

Don't know for sure, I'll look into it, and get back to you.

You want scientific evidence, I'm a looking for it!

High and low.

Status
Not open for further replies.