All I ever wanted is green?

/ All I ever wanted is green?
I wouldn't mind having that Ford F600 that is behind it either!
That runs well too with only 30,000 miles (1976). I would buy it if I had the space for it. The farmer only wants $7500 for that truck...

/ All I ever wanted is green? #12  
Looks like he kept his stuff pretty nice. Your Deere looks good, especially considering it's in it's work clothes and hasn't been painted for sale.

Can't go wrong anyway.....Deere's always bring good money at auction.

/ All I ever wanted is green? #13  
I don't think you are crazy. Looks like it's in good shape, good parts support, easy to work on and reliable.
Funny how everyone today thinks you need 4WD. Farmers seemed to survive doing everything for 100 years with 2WD. It's all about ballast. And I'm sure you're up there with those wheel weights especially if the tires are loaded too.
True, but most older farm tractors didn’t have loaders. That would be the only thing I’d consider is how well the 2wd/loader combination would work for the OP’s needs.

/ All I ever wanted is green? #14  
True, but most older farm tractors didn’t have loaders. That would be the only thing I’d consider is how well the 2wd/loader combination would work for the OP’s needs.
Yes, you have a point. But if it's ballasted good on the rear and you just need to use some technique running the loader. Best way i can say it is 4WD lets you be a bad operator and get away with it, LOL
2WD you just need a little more finesse.

/ All I ever wanted is green? #15  
Just like watching some of the other operators at the mine spinning the tires off the Cat wheel loaders. They just can't get it in their head that you can actually work the bucket and the throttle, LOL

/ All I ever wanted is green? #16  
Yes, you have a point. But if it's ballasted good on the rear and you just need to use some technique running the loader. Best way i can say it is 4WD lets you be a bad operator and get away with it, LOL
2WD you just need a little more finesse.
If it will work for the OP that seems like a nice find. One question: I have always questioned the weight capacity of a front 2wd axle for heavy loader lifts. The 2wd front axles don’t look as strong.

/ All I ever wanted is green? #17  
Get it!
Try it for your needs.
If not suitable, sell again, You won't loose any thing. And gain perspective with the experience.

/ All I ever wanted is green?
I found that too. The bucket and the loader is real easy to remove.

/ All I ever wanted is green? #19  
I wouldn’t care to have an old tractor like that to hook on an 8’ mower and never unhook it but the loaders on the old tractors especially 2wd ones are lacking.

/ All I ever wanted is green? #20  
AH what the heck? Just purchase a red one and paint it green:rolleyes:

willy