Amazon rant...

/ Amazon rant... #151  
How many of u have gotten a pkg from Amazon where the tape has pulled from the cardboard.??
They must save millions, scrimping on tape.!!!
Pretty common occurrence. Not good adhesive on it. They much have purchased their packing tape from China through Aliexpress.

/ Amazon rant...
How many of u have gotten a pkg from Amazon where the tape has pulled from the cardboard.??
They must save millions, scrimping on tape.!!!
Either that or someone wants to view the contents and possibly remove it like what happened to my Amazon order of bath moisturizer with the opened package that was delivered anyway. Least Amazon gave me a refund promptly. Nothing better than getting a ripped open package with no contents. Lots of dishonest people out there today.

/ Amazon rant... #153  
Our Amazon, FedEx, and UPS drivers usually leave packages on our front porch. Our USPS person does the same if the package won’t fit in our maibox. If the USPS brings a package to the porch they usually drop the mail off there with it.

We have had on a very few occasions where packages were left near our gate and close to the road and even one time left in our garbage container (large blue plastic barrel with hinged lid). Almost all of these were close to Christmas and I surmised the driver was likely new and part time help.

All in all, we have very good delivery service by all.

/ Amazon rant... #154  
Once in a blue moon will my usps guy CRAM a box in my roadside mailbox..
But 99% of the time he comes to the house with my packages..
I’m on a first name basis with my UPS & USPS delivery folks..

/ Amazon rant... #155  
Me too but like you I have that random box that "fits" but you need tools to remove it because your finger can't get a hold of the bloody box.... or it uncrushed after it entered the box leaving NO space.

/ Amazon rant... #157  
Sure wish the USPS folks would do that around here. But all they do is put a slip in my mailbox telling me I have a package to pick up at the Post Office. Which means a 20+ mile drive to get something I paid for to get delivered to my house!

Out here in rural Nevada the Post Office has "banks" of mailboxes every few miles. Boxes are tiny - can't get much more than a thick padded envelope in them. There is no delivery to individual residences. I'm lucky in that I can pick up my mail by walking half a mile. Others have to drive a couple miles or so.

/ Amazon rant... #158  
Sure wish the USPS folks would do that around here. But all they do is put a slip in my mailbox telling me I have a package to pick up at the Post Office. Which means a 20+ mile drive to get something I paid for to get delivered to my house!

Out here in rural Nevada the Post Office has "banks" of mailboxes every few miles. Boxes are tiny - can't get much more than a thick padded envelope in them. There is no delivery to individual residences. I'm lucky in that I can pick up my mail by walking half a mile. Others have to drive a couple miles or so.
Sounds like a lot of rural areas around here 50 years or so ago. Your mail person may not even know where your house is, just where your box is.

Does your box have a street address or just a route and box number?

/ Amazon rant... #159  
Sounds like a lot of rural areas around here 50 years or so ago. Your mail person may not even know where your house is, just where your box is.

Does your box have a street address or just a route and box number?

All the mail boxes are marked with a street address. There are no route numbers or box numbers here.

/ Amazon rant... #160  
We're lucky.

1/3 mile in on a one-lane dirt easement from the county road is the local mailbox cluster right at my gate. USPS has put in those standardized mailbox panels around here at least since the 70's but we predate that.

There are three old random size mailboxes on a plank, mine is jumbo size for packages. And they aren't in street-address sequence. I asked the carrier if I should change that when I repaired the plank and was told the zip+4 sorts the mail to what we have now so the truck would have to back up if I changed the sequence. Real old-school!