Snow An observation from the deep south.....

/ An observation from the deep south..... #41  
Heating oil is about 20 cents a Litre more than coloured diesel. I wish I had a transfer tank big enough to fill our household oil tank with it.
Then I'd just fill the your household oil tank with the red fuel and use it to heat the house and runt the tractor on.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #42  
Not much snow here but still been pretty cold. We've had a day or two of warm weather and then it drops right back down to 0 or below.

For those of you thinking of using heating oil in your tractors, you may want to remember that heating oil is not the same as off road diesel. Heating oil has additives to help keep your fuel tank clean while off road diesel has additives to help lubricate the fuel system and here's the important one, it has anti-jelling in it. So if you want to use heating oil you should add something like Power Service.
Home heating oil & off road are both ULSD.
It really don't make any difference what you call it or how you use.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #43  
Yep... that's exactly what I do - Power Service. Of course, most diesel fuel additives for truck-tractor use have anti-fungal additives as well.

*At a $1.00+/gallon difference between fuel oil and off-road/on-road fuel; I burn what's in that big drum next to the barn.... :D

AKfish
*What is the price differnce between off road and fuel oil?

/ An observation from the deep south..... #44  
Then I'd just fill the your household oil tank with the red fuel and use it to heat the house and runt the tractor on.

That would be 250 gallons a shot. That's not a trivial amount of fuel to move around once a month.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #45  
Not only do I like snow, I get paid to move it short distances.

I'd love to get a few of the "Monster Storms" the weatherman keeps promising, but fails to deliver on.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #46  
Upstate N.Y. this winter has been so mild latter this week temps back in the 40's go figure. Used the tractor once to clear off drives, I believe the weatherman said total snow fall is 13.6" for this year. I echo what others have said, at least we are saving some on heating costs with fuel oil prices are over $4.00 per gal along wit $4.19 for Diesel. New last night said Gas will be $4.95 by Memorial Day-------------- That's Criminal.
DevilDog
Remember this statement in November.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #47  
In southern New Mexico we have had about 28 inches so far which is about average for us. I find it kind of wierd that we have had more snow than some places in Canada. One of the snow events was over 12 inches so it gave me the opportunity to test out my mower and rearblade.
How did the mower work?

I couldn't resist:):)

/ An observation from the deep south..... #48  
38 here in Maine, and raining right now. People are reporting a flock of a 100 geese moving north 3 days ago. Spring is arrived I guess. ...South of us more snow has fallen then here!

/ An observation from the deep south..... #49  
*What is the price differnce between off road and fuel oil?

The additives the distributors put in the fuel. The days of high sulfur HHO and ORD being the same are gone. While they start out the same each is tailored for their specific purpose. Maybe you missed it but I said HHO does not have anti gelling additives in it and since the subject is about snow blowing which means below freezing temps failing to warn people that putting HHO into their tractor may leave them with a dead tractor trying to thaw out fuel lines and filters.

/ An observation from the deep south..... #50  
38 here in Maine, and raining right now. People are reporting a flock of a 100 geese moving north 3 days ago. Spring is arrived I guess. ...South of us more snow has fallen then here!

Geese never left here this winter.