Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #11  
Jaylegger, nice job! I wonder, might it be possible to remove the joysitck lever and bend just enough to regain the full movement for the uncurl function? Just a thought there. Also, have you tried running both heaters already? I just wonder if the electrical system will support both of them? I'm sure the current draw will be substantial.

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600
Jaylegger, nice job! I wonder, might it be possible to remove the joysitck lever and bend just enough to regain the full movement for the uncurl function? Just a thought there. Also, have you tried running both heaters already? I just wonder if the electrical system will support both of them? I'm sure the current draw will be substantial.

Hi and thanks, yes the lever could be bent to the left to regain full control. I personally would prefer to avoid that route purely for resale purposes therefore felt the shim idea was a good reversible option. I have run both heaters but only for an hour or so with no problems, each heater/fan draws about 12.5 amps, the tractors alternator is rated at 40 therefore there's good headroom even with lights running assuming you've got the rpm's up a bit. I like the flexibility of going with two heaters as opposed to one more powerfull as it gives more options of where you want the heat and air circulation. I still don't know how effective these things will be in cold temperatures but with outside temperature at 3 celcius (high 30's) they keep the cab plenty warm.

Here's a link to the type of heaters I purchased, pretty much just cheap junk but thought I'd start with the very basic first to help determine unfullfilled heating requirements if necessary.
http://www.heartlandamerica.com/browse/item.asp?product=2-in-1-ceramic-heater--fan&PIN=56902&GUID=&DL=IVU8

Primarily because I have nothing more interesting to do right now I've been working on ideas to reduce the boxy look of the cab. I've changed the paint above the glass which breaks up the length of the cab a bit and, as evidenced by the tape, temporily added an idea above the rear wheel. How does that work with the tractor? Not that I'll spend a lot of time on this cosmetic endevour but the tractor does have nice easy curves and smooth flowing lines and the Yugo cab could use some improvement in those areas.

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #14  
looks nice- i see youoo have same issue as I ddo with the fender handle bars. I have been trying to figure out how to build mine cheaply and easy and work with the handles that stick out.

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #15  
did you use Bosch or 80/20 type aluminum tubing ? at work we use it too guard assembly machines and is easy to put plexi glass panels in and can assemble it all with out welding.

looks nice- i see youoo have same issue as I ddo with the fender handle bars. I have been trying to figure out how to build mine cheaply and easy and work with the handles that stick out.

At first I was going to remove them but after a quick look it appeared I couldn't get at one bolt on each without removing the fuel tank, I then quickly realized I actually like having the handles to put weight on when moving around. It all worked out anyway because the plane outside the handle is pretty much bang on the plane outside the joystick controls. The cab side comes within an inch or two of the handle so I can't grab around it as intended but I can still use it for supporting by weight when necessary. I was contemplating, and still am, using a heat gun to mold the plexi out and away from the handle giving another inch or two but don't think I'll bother. I did use the heat gun to mold the lower portion of the rear window around the two ROPS pillars so it can be done.

did you use Bosch or 80/20 type aluminum tubing ? at work we use it too guard assembly machines and is easy to put plexi glass panels in and can assemble it all with out welding.

I'm not sure which I used but the product sounds very similar to what you have at work. The link to the product I used is in the first post which has the specs, the company is Eztube.

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #18  
Jaylegger,
Sorry meant no offense with the phone booth comment. just continuing the path of your jokes about failing the 100mph test. I do wish I had on on my tractor in the Winter so you can have last laugh :) and BTW the DIY cab is one of the nicest I have seen here

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #19  
Maybe some forward facing lights would break up the top some?

Jaylegger,
Sorry meant no offense with the phone booth comment. just continuing the path of your jokes about failing the 100mph test. I do wish I had on on my tractor in the Winter so you can have last laugh :) and BTW the DIY cab is one of the nicest I have seen here

No worries, no offense taken, it was quite funny obviously you were implying it was a "Super man cab":). I buddy of mine called it the Yugo cab yesterday which I take in good humor as well. Appreciate the compliment