Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600
Maybe some forward facing lights would break up the top some?

Thanks for the suggestion I was thinking about that as well but haven't mocked it up because liights up high aren't necessary for my applications. When snow is flying around lights up high are a detriment to visibility, my belief is that it's best to keep them down low as possible. Now I think I'll do a few mock-ups anyway.

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #22  
Then you can use some burned out ones lol I think once you use it and see how practical the cab is you wont be so worried how it works. Mine is some plywood and used windows , the only thing that makes it look cool is my head hits and it looks like I have a chopped top.(like they used to do with cars) LOL
Ib be proud of the work and details you put into it...Good Job..

Then you can use some burned out ones lol I think once you use it and see how practical the cab is you wont be so worried how it works. Mine is some plywood and used windows , the only thing that makes it look cool is my head hits and it looks like I have a chopped top.(like they used to do with cars) LOL
Ib be proud of the work and details you put into it...Good Job..

Great idea lol! I'm extremely pleased with the cab as is, just too much time on my hands right now. My biggest worry right now is all the windows blowing out during the first big wind. If I were to do it again I'd reduce cab height by 2-3 inches, I chose the height primarily from the inside height of Sims cabs but went two inches less but I still find that too much headroom for my needs. I'm 6'2" and don't need all the space but it does feel roomy and leaves plenty of room for heaters and other accessories..

Thought I'd add a couple photos of the rear light mounting and switch. The Aluminum tubing and connectors allows the introduction of lights mounts anywhere you like to put them and they're strong and stable. I extended the light on the back to reach past the ROPS when pointing down. For a clean looking switch install I ran the wiring and mounted the switch inside redundant tubing a fastened parralel to the frame along the right side of the cab. I still need to affix the top wiring out of the way but you get the idea.

Attachments

• TBN Light.jpg
    TBN Light.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 384
  • TBN wire.jpg
    TBN wire.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 343
  • TBN switch.jpg
    TBN switch.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 364
   / Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #25  
Your garage looks excessively neat. Did ya just move there? :D

Your garage looks excessively neat. Did ya just move there? :D

The garage is a couple months old and I'm trying to keep it clear for electrical which should start tomorrow. When that's done I expect the typical garage cluster-f*%@ed mess to ensue. The boat, two SUV's and the tractor will be in there.

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #27  
I wouldnt mind having something like this.... The bars over the hood would be to save the hood from logs or falling branches.

Here you go johndeere3720
This is what I had on the b7800 I sold my brother before I bought the l3400

n030Small.jpg

Thought I'd post a quick update on the cab and a new pic. I made a couple changes, lowered the cab several inches, replaced the tinted plexi (too dark and splintery) with safer clear Markrolon Lexan and added a couple lights up top required due to the snowblower chute blocking the right headlamp. The primary purpose was to build a cab sans welder therefore I had to stick with a square boxy looking cab and I feel the latest changes reduce the contemporary mobile phone booth look of the cab somewhat and also make it safer. Now that I have a welder come spring I'll work at angling the front windshiled and possible introducing a couple more less harsh transitions to give it a more uniform look with the tractor itself. I think it looks substatially better now and feel more at ease knowing the potentially artery piercing plexi is gone.

Attachments

• new.jpg
    new.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 567
   / Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #29  
Yep that looks like a real sweet setup. How are the doors built? Does the whole side open up with a hinge on the front left? What kind of hinges and latches did you use? Thanks too for the link to the tubing... that could come in handy.

/ Another DIY Cab...MF GC2600 #30  
When snow is flying around lights up high are a detriment to visibility, my belief is that it's best to keep them down low as possible.

This got me wondering... has anybody out there mounted work lights on their snowblower?