Another "idiot neighbor" thread...

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #31  
Give him a Bible -- I suggest a NIV "One Year Bible". Tell him you are praying for him and Jesus loves him.

Of course this would seem odd to him. You will feel great and God will take care of the rest.

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #32  
I was at a county planning meeting not long ago while some local "redneck" farmers were presenting their feelings/beliefs to the elected officials. I was both shocked and enlightend at the same time to hear "one acre, one vote!"

:eek:

....seems not all people are created equal in redneck country.....

I might not fully agree with "one acre- one vote" but I do think anyone who owns property should have voting rights in any area where they pay property taxes. To vote in any election on property taxes and any where an officail can vote to tax or increase their taxes.

For instance you should be allowed to vote for school boards, city councils, County officers, etc where you are taxed.

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #33  
"huh?.... what's your name" he demanded to know (wasn't a question, it was a demand)"

Right here is where you lost control. Never ever let the person ask you a question - he then gains control of the conversation and he took it right where he wanted it.

Next time answer with "Why do you want to know?" and continue with your questions and take back control of the conversation.

Live and learn......

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #34  
My guess is you won't win by reporting him. You probably would'nt be the first to report him. The good-ol-boys network is alive and well when it comes to people like this. Arrogance is not a born right it's acquired when others allow it to happen.
Call animal control see if they will pick the cows up. Ask the local police what the options are with finding a cow on your property. You don't have to speculate on who it may belong to or even if was actually on you property. That's not your responsibility; right. Let them visit him every time it happens.

Last edited:
   / Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #35  
There is some pretty good advice for you here. After reading your post, it seems to me your not up to a fight or a major confrontation. And he must be bigger than you and others. He has a bully type personality. The only thing this guy respects is power. Big truck, big land, big guy. If you don't want to take matters into your own hands, then call the police. I personally would have handled the situation differently. I would have confronted the guy directly. He did the things you describe on purpose. Just to show you who's the boss in your neighborhood. He will always do these things, until you put a stop to it.

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #36  
Give him a Bible -- I suggest a NIV "One Year Bible". Tell him you are praying for him and Jesus loves him.

Of course this would seem odd to him. You will feel great and God will take care of the rest.
Ya know, this is a a reply to a two and a half year old thread... perhaps, by this point in time, they have forgave and forgotten? :confused2:

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #37  
:thumbsup: you've got me. I'm new to this and will try to pay more attention in the future. Thanks.:ashamed:

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #38  
:thumbsup: you've got me. I'm new to this and will try to pay more attention in the future. Thanks.:ashamed:

That's O.K. Sometimes you get to reading and find something you can really relate to and fire off a reply. I've done it, too. :laughing:

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #39  
and who can't relate to this thread :) I've got pretty good neighbors now, but I've had my share.....

/ Another "idiot neighbor" thread... #40  
The reason this guy is getting away with all his antics is primarily from a lot of the advice here. He gets away with it because people keep saying " oh there is nothing you can do " " let him be" etc. etc. etc.

There is a lot that can be done and can be found on the internet.

Revenge is best served quickly. When people a treat others as this guy does then the rule book goes out the door. I have several neighbors who's life was a lot more easier once they moved away from me.

I tried following the rules but the rules never worked. I called the police, but the Police said it's the home owners associations problem, the HOA said it's a police problem, and on and on and on. I took care of it on my own, they moved out - no need to explain.

Another neighbor continued to park a 5000 gallon fuel tank in a nice housing Community same problem with the association and police. That neighbor moved.

Another neighbor planted a large ficus tree three feet from my block wall. Now if anyone knows about ficus trees the roots will actually crack block walls and bring up concretes and the crown of the tree can reach 20' across into my yard. That problem was solved - my way.

If you allow jerks to be jerks they will continue to be jerks until they get the message to stop being a jerk and the message isn't always sent through the mail :)