Buying Advice Another looking for help on purchase

/ Another looking for help on purchase #21  
Tractor warranties are NOT inclusive. 75% of what new tractor owners think should be warranty repairs are classified as operator error by tractor producers.

Kubota has sponsored KTAC (Kubota Tractor Acceptance Corporation) insurance which covers many (not all) tractor repairs @ $400/year. KTAC is more comprehensive than Kubota tractor warranty. KTAC covers TRANSPORTATION for repairs.

As Deere finances equipment purchases like Kubota, I expect Deere offers similar insurance.

Fill in your location within your T-B-N Profile.

Note: KTAC is not "$400 a year", it is actually $15.67 per thousand dollars covered, per year. So on a $20,000 new financed purchase, it would be billed at 20 X that $15.67. You can add this INSURANCE (not warranty) to any new or used Kubota.... or according to the guy I talked to Monday... any other brand tractor. You declare the value up front, and pay for the year up front. I believe there is a 60 or 90 exclusion period after beginning a policy that you can not make any claims, I asked a lot of questions and forgot to write that one down. There is also a per occurrence deductible, but it is VERY reasonable compared the parts and labor cost of a rolled over tractor or seriously damaged/stolen/flooded one.

I just went over all of this Monday and filled out my paperwork on my new to me (AKA used) tractor. The guy and I talked about some situations that would be covered.
I am digging along the creek and I screw up and roll the unit into the creek upside down flooding the engine and doing body/control damage. Covered.
I slide down my side pasture and slam into a few trees and roll it. Covered.
I am digging with the loader and break a rear axle shaft. Not covered.
I am digging and run the rear wheel into a tree and break the rear axle shaft. Covered.

I sort of got the idea that if the tractor wears out pieces or parts, breaks due to part failure, and otherwise is not involved in some sort of "accident" than this policy would not come into play. But if you are involved in an act of personal idiocy.... or **** just goes totally sideways on you, it is likely that the policy will be invoked and cover you up to the declared value on the contract.

Even if I sell my current unit and move to a Kioti CK2610, I plan to call them back and insure it with KTAC. The fellow acted pretty confident that he can sell me insurance on any brand, not just orange units.