Another rant about buying used

/ Another rant about buying used #171  
I've been wanting to buy a new generation John Deere to take to shows and use around the farm. Found a one owner '72 gas 1020 on FB Marketplace only a few hours away. Excellent shape, only needed to buff the hood, probably won't paint it.
That's a great looking tractor and not many around are that nice. Any pics of it buffed out?

/ Another rant about buying used
Today, transportation costs can kill you if you aren't careful.
Just asked a friend to float me a Ford 5610 home last week from 427 miles away. Seven hour trip and the fuel alone was $1500.

/ Another rant about buying used
Yes. Looking around at the seller and their place tells more than the equipment you're looking at. Guys that have a mess of a place with lack of care in everything are very likely trying to pull the wool over on you.

And they don't even act surprised when you catch them in something they were trying to hide.
Goes the other way too. The guy I bought my Ford 3000 from had a mansion and owned a diesel repair shop. And he still half a$$ed a bunch of stuff I had to fix.

/ Another rant about buying used #174  
I have the worst time selling due to my location…

The guy that traveled 300 miles to look at a tractor I had for sale said he just about turned around when he got off the freeway in East Oakland… thought for sure it was a scam or he was being set up to be robbed.

He decided since he came this far to drive to the address and still had second thoughts pulling up at a tract home.., I happened to see him and he was sure he was lost…

I then said we have the only 20 acre backyard in the land of 5,000 square feet city lots… saw the tractor and bought it.