Any bets on which State will be the next doper State?

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #21  
Toss up between Vt. and Cal.

Agreed. With the budget problems both states are facing the idea of $45+/- per ounce tax revenue as apposed to millions spent trying to outlaw or restrict it's use will mesmerize the state legislatures. Just a matter of who gets there first.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #22  
Obviously many people can not control their use of alcohol. How many drunk drivers have killed someone.................obviously more than all the terrorist and nut job attacks combined. That's what we need now viz., more intoxicated MJ smokers on the road or with a weapon. It seems to me that medicinal MJ could by used by the medical profession just like any other RX drug. But for recreation the use should be illegal. IMO. Also, IMO, any mind altering "recreational" drug is a step up to a more serious addiction.

Look around and what do you see in your own family, in your own city, on your own streets and highway, or in court for serious crime.

The next State..........Massachusetts

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #23  
We have been picking up the pieces resulting from drug abuse, plus spending a lot to curtail its production, sale and use for decades now. It hasn't been a successful strategy.

People who are attracted to drug use have found ways to get their drugs legal or not. I'm not sure legalization will make much difference in that regard, and if it won't then it's pointless to process people through the justice system for drug use.

Incarceration doesn't have a great track record for reforming people into law abiding citizens who have recognized the error of their ways. They may become more adept and skilled at law breaking through their jail experience though.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #24  
I never Used it and I really do not understand why it is even illegal. Seems like a lot of wasted tax money and wasted resources for pot. Seems very ridiculous that alcohol is legal and marijuana is not. Obviously the majority wants it legalized yet the gubment knows best.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #25  
I don't use weed, but the war on drugs was lost before it began. If somebody wants drugs, somebody will supply it. All we are doing now is making billionaires out of cartel bosses and millionaires out of lawyers. And corrupting our own government in the process. Prohibition has never worked.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #26  
Which state needs the most money? It's all about taxes. Find the next most liberal state and you'll have your answer.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #27  
Once marijuana is legal it will be discrimination if khat is not made legal also.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #28  
oldpilgrim said:
Which state needs the most money? It's all about taxes. Find the next most liberal state and you'll have your answer.

Most liberal? I didn't know it was a liberal thing. Want to stop wasting tax dollars less government, create jobs and revenue? That sounds like a conservative deal to me.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #29  
Ive never smoked it but fact of the matter I think they all should legalize it and tax it.

This would help to eliminate the cartels from dealing in plus free up the police to concentrate on more important matters plus would keep people out of jail for marijuana. This is a natural growing plant that was on earth long before humans.

/ Any bets on which State will be the next doper State? #30  
Ohio been trying too, bunch of petitions some already votes in./out over last few years voted down so far. Then the fact remains the Gov is only doing it to TAX it and to make idiots more compliant (Pot does that I'm told) and keep the drug users on welfare smoked up and happy to be handed cheetos.