Any Final Thoughts

/ Any Final Thoughts #21  
Excellent points Ryan, it all depends. In one of my posts I recommended a 5030 to a guy with 4 acres because of what he said he ws going to be doing. It all depends. Soooo much goes into this tractoring thing, I guess that's why we're all here /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And hey, did I tell you "nice call" on the 3830? Oh yeah, I did, like 3 times already /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Any Final Thoughts #22  
rk246

Point well said on land size. At one time, I owned 17 acres in Idaho. None of the CUTS discussed would be large enough for this place.

It was a 400 cow dairy farm and we moved 2000 lb large square bales of hay and had to fill up a feed mixer truck among other tasks. We used mostly industrial equipment for this 17 acres. If I posted that I had 17 acres and need a loader most would say a L3830 or something like that without digging deeper into what the machine would be used for. The the point on land size would not make sense for this 17 acres.

Another person might have 200 acres of woods and only wants to maintain some trails through this. A small compact tractor might make much better sense for this situation.

/ Any Final Thoughts #23  
yeah, I am still just waiting for the dealer to bring it to me, they had to go pick it up from another dealer that it had just been invoiced to, set it up with the tires, get the loader on etc.. I feel bad because I have put a few more hours on this 3130 they brought out for me to try, but it already had 26 hours on it anyway...I am curious to see how much improvement I will see with the 3830....

/ Any Final Thoughts #24  
<font color="blue">I feel bad because I have put a few more hours on this 3130 they brought out for me to try </font> Don't! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> I am curious to see how much improvement I will see with the 3830.... </font> A LOT! Looking forward to your review. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Any Final Thoughts
I have some additional quotes for the bigger tractors:

L3400HST - $16,350
L3130 - $18,750
L3430 - $19,500

After getting some info from Kubota and some other reading including this thread Front End Loaders Dangerous http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/.../742570/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o//fpart/1 I think I'm going to go ahead and get a box scraper now for additional ballast. So that has me making my tractor choices the following:

B7800 - $14,650
B2630 - $15,250
L3400HST - $16,350
B3030 - $16,550

With one of these I can keep the total cost below $20k once I add the tax and box scraper. I know the others are just "a little more", but I have to draw the line somewhere. This is still $5k more than I originally intended. Plus I'm still going to be getting a trailer.

Darrell

/ Any Final Thoughts #26  
Darrell -

As others have said or implied, try to concentrate on getting the "right" tractor first and deal with the implements later. I still advise you to get at least the 3430, and wouldn't be sad to see you get the 3830. I'll read that thread, but it just sounds like the tail is wagging the dog a little bit. Are you loading the rear tires? As I've said, I try to avoid that, but with loaded tires I don't see you getting killed by your loader without a box blade on the back. Take smaller bites with the loader until you can get a box blade, or hang a block of cement back there as others have mentioned.

Lastly, please do not get a 3130. (or a B3030, or B2630, or an L3400, or a B7800). /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

And my offer of the loan still stands. Speaking of which, if it's not too personal, are you going through Kubota for the financing? If not, have you completely ruled out the "playing the field" thing with a "pre-owned" tractor? I'm still thinking about that L3430HSTC with the toasty cab for the winter, or any other good used tractor you could try out to see how you like it.

/ Any Final Thoughts #27  
I think any of the smaller tractors would do you well. I did not see why you would need a 3830. From what it sounded like from your first post you might be using around your suburbon home as well. If so then I would believe he 2630 or 3030 would be ideal for you. I can't see your property from my computer, but it sounds like you have roughly 15 acres to take care of that is moslty wooded. Maybe has some pasture not sure. You will not be making a living from this tractor and using it mostly on the weekends. Sure a 3830 will be more productive, but you could buy quite a bit of implements for that 6k difference that would also make you more productive with a smaller machine (think backhoe or snowblower etc.)

I could be wrong and you get a 2630/3030 and really be disapointed in it's capabilty, but my guess is that it would suit you very well.

/ Any Final Thoughts
aesanders, I think you've hit it.

ct tree guy, I know your intentions are good, but the quotes from the dealer were enough for me to eliminate all of the grand Ls. You can't say I didn't at least check on them though. The L3400HST is the biggest I'm going to go.

With that being said let's make this a B7800 vs. B3030 vs. L3400HST battle.

Darrell

/ Any Final Thoughts #29  
***** Posted prior to seeing previous post *******

Hi Aaron, thanks for your kind words in the "Remotes for top and tilt" thread.

I was under the assumption that use of the tractor around the home is kind of a non-issue.

<font color="blue"> This brings us to the heart of the matter. What are you REALLY going to be using this tractor for? Around the house? Let's see:

but I could see some of my neighbors that are friends (or not) wanting me to do stuff for them Yeah, I can see that too. Not a pretty picture, is it?

shrubs to rip up, moving bulk mulch, moving gravel to underneath the deck OK, that'll take about an hour ...

snow removal Have you considered a Toro snowthrower? How much snow do you really get in the D.C. area? </font>

And these threads pretty much sum up why I'm recommending the 3830/3430.

3130 vs. 3430

Pricing L3130 w/513 loader

/ Any Final Thoughts #30  
The L3400HST gives you 27.5 PTO HP vs. 23 for the B3030, etc. That's a big difference in PTO power. You didn't mention how much mowing you will do, but more PTO power will let you mow faster without getting bogged down. I would also get an L3830 if you can afford it, but If not, I would get the most HP I could in the tractors I could afford. You will never regret having the extra HP and there will come at time, as there has for all of us, that you will wish you had a little more HP.